How to Become a Part of the Leeds RAP
Students apply to be a part of the Leeds Residential Academic Program (Leeds RAP) through the first-year housing selection process managed by Occupancy Management at the University of Colorado.
Students must be enrolled in the Leeds School of Business in order to apply for the Leeds RAP. There is no additional selection process outside of the housing application to be a part of the Leeds RAP. Beds in the Leeds RAP are available on a first come, first served basis. Once students receive their housing assignment in Cheyenne Arapaho Hall, they will be contacted by the RAP to sign the Leeds RAP Participation Agreement. Students who decide not to take part in the Leeds RAP and sign the Participation Agreement will be moved to a different hall.
Students are encouraged to complete their housing application form and apply for the Leeds RAP as early as possible to increase the likelihood of being placed in Cheyenne Arapaho Hall. When applying for housing, students should select:
- Cheyenne Arapaho Hall as the location
- Leeds Residential Academic Programs as the first choice program
For the best chance of getting into the Leeds RAP, students should choose “Roommate(s) & Community Bath” as the room type, as most rooms in Cheyenne Arapaho Hall are double occupancy.
Occupancy Management makes all decisions regarding room assignments for first-year students. For additional information about the room assignment process, please visit Housing and Dining or contact Occupancy Management at 303-492-6673 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for Switching Into the Leeds RAP if you are Assigned to Another Residence Hall
We are committed to helping you become a part of the Leeds RAP. We recognize that the housing application process is complicated, and sometimes students aren’t assigned to their first-choice when they go through the process.
With that in mind, we want to share the options you have to switch into the Leeds RAP after being assigned to another residence hall:
- If you remain interested in joining the Leeds RAP community, please email us at LeedsRAP@colorado.edu to confirm your interest. We will add you to the list of students that we are advocating for in the Housing Change process.
- In addition to emailing the Leeds RAP, you must also apply for the Housing Change process to be considered for any spots that may have opened up in our program. There are two Housing Change windows: April 20-24 and June 15-18. During these times you will log into the MyCULiving Portal and request to be switched into the Leeds RAP.
- After completing steps 1 and 2, if you still aren’t assigned to the Leeds RAP, then please follow up with us via email (LeedsRAP@colorado.edu) so that we can explore additional ways of including you in the Leeds RAP community.
To reiterate – we are committed to helping all students who wish to be a part of the Leeds RAP, and we will use every tool at our disposal to do so.
Please stay in touch with us at LeedsRAP@colorado.edu and follow the guidelines above so that we may assist you in becoming a part of our Leeds RAP community!
Fee: All Residential Academic Programs at the University of Colorado, including the Leeds RAP, charge an $850 participation fee. This is a one-time fee which will be charged to the student’s account at the beginning of the academic year. The fee is non-refundable after the first day of class.
Fee Scholarships: Scholarships to cover the $850 participation fee are available based on a student’s financial need. Students who wish to be considered for a RAP fee scholarship must contact the Leeds RAP by email at LeedsRAP@colorado.edu.
Participation Agreement: Once students receive their housing assignment from Occupancy Management, those who are placed in the Leeds RAP in Cheyenne Arapaho Hall will receive information about being a part of the Leeds RAP, including a participation agreement.
Students must sign and submit the Leeds RAP Participation Agreement to confirm their participation in the program and placement in Cheyenne Arapaho Hall.