This two-year program immerses a select group of MBA candidates to academic and experiential learning unique to growth-stage companies. This MBA honors experience will provide knowledge, skills and relationships that will enable you to join any startup or growing company and help them scale. The highly competitive program offers financial support in addition to master skills classes and a specialty mentor program.
What is a High Growth Venture?
A company ambitiously going after double-digit growth and creating a scalable business model in order to significantly impact the market.
Why High Growth Ventures?
High-growth ventures are key drivers in economic development across the world, and the competencies and skills necessary to guide ventures from startup through scale-up are highly valuable. Facing a future shaped by the ongoing disruption of technology and innovation, the Leeds School of Business and the Deming Center for Entrepreneurship are leading high-growth venture education.
What the program provides MBA candidates
Knowledge & Skills
How do you launch, build and innovate within a high-growth company? We teach students the competencies, traits and experiences high-growth companies need and expect from their employees. You'll also learn from founders, builders, and industry leaders throughout the Boulder/Denver region.
- Attend our annual fall fellowship retreat
- Attend monthly master classes (we call them huddles!)
- Take entrepreneurship courses
- Participate in a entrepreneurial-focused activity outside the classroom
Network & Relationships
Fellows will build valuable relationships within the program and its mentor and alumni networks, while connecting with leaders in the local startup and scaleup communities.
- Connect with your program peer mentor
- Connect monthly with a growth mentor
- Attend entrepreneurship events
- Participate in summer fellowship program check-in calls
- Join a fellowship brown bag lunch or social event
“The best part is spending time with like-minded students who are excited about working with growing companies.” — Sandy MacDonnell, 2019 Cohort
This program will blend your professional and academic experiences with the skills local startups need to make an impact, making our fellows desirable new hires. We'll support your search for both internship and full-time employment by:
- Reviewing your resume and LinkedIn profile
- Providing networking tips and resources
- Connecting you to exclusive local networks of startup leaders
“We were impressed by the professionalism and drive that the intern from the High Growth Venture Fellowship program brought to our firm this summer! We definitely hope to recruit interns from the program in the future.” - Larry Middle, CFO @ JumpCloud
How To Apply
We are now accepting applications for the Class of 2023. HGV Application Round 1 is complete. HGV Applications Round 2 is now open and the Deadline to Apply is October 1, 2021.
Applicants are accepted on a rolling basis after the initial interview round. (Note: these dates are subject to change. Please email email@example.com with any questions.)
The application requires applicants to submit a single PDF that includes:
- Current CV / resume
- 1-2 cover letter outlining your entrepreneurship interests and goals, career objectives, and what you'd expect to both contribute and gain from the fellowship
- Optional supporting materials (letters of support, certifications, etc.)