- 6:30am: Time to wake up! Put down some water, a banana and a handful of almonds then bike off to the Rec Center, 10ish minutes away.
- 7:00-8:00am: Get a workout in
- 8:30am: Back to the townhouse, welcomed by a breakfast sandwich made by the lovely and wonderful girlfriend who I’ve been living with since I moved to Boulder: Toasted English muffin, avocado spread on one half, hummus on the other. Fried egg, spinach, Tillamook sharp cheddar cheese, red cabbage and bacon. Finished off with a coffee and a protein shake.
- 9:00am – 10:00am: Finish breakfast listening to a podcast – Up First by NPR. Shower and get ready for the day.
- 10:00 – 10:35am: Reply to emails I’ve been putting off for the last few days, skim a pair of Axios daily newsletters and put down a second cup of coffee before biking to Koelbel – an MBA’s home for the two-year program.
- Arrive 10 minutes before my first and only class of the day: Entrepreneurial Finance.
- 11:00 – 12:20: Class time
- 12:30pm: Lunch with Matt Walker, my Co-President of the MBA Finance Club to discuss our upcoming club kickoff meeting being held Friday. We decide topics of conversation and how we want to set the tone for the year all while making the most of the all you can eat buffet at the C4C for only $8.72.
- 2:00pm: Bike back to the town house which is 15ish minutes away.
- 2:00-3:00pm: Prep for an informational interview with Portland Seed Fund’s managing director, Jim Huston.
- 3:00-4:00pm: Hold first call with Jim Huston who I was introduced to via my Portland network who I’ve asked to introduce me to VC’s/Entrepreneurs in the area. Taking elaborate notes to refer to for our next conversation – coffee the next time I’m back on the west coast.
- 4:00-5:00pm: Review the entrepreneurial finance spreadsheets from today’s class/check on the fantasy team. BIG responsibility being commissioner of the MBA fantasy football league.
- 5:00-5:15pm: Prep for old man softball league – gather equipment and schedule Uber to field. Girlfriend and I share a car and she was using the Subaru to attend a workout class at a local park.
- 6:00-7:00pm: SOFTBALL WIN! Final score: 6-16 (is that right?) secure 16th win in a row. The Garbage Hounds are looking good for fall season after adding two superior athletes from the MBA class of 2019 – Scott Ibaraki and Ryan Quigley.
- 7:15pm: Return home and prep dinner. Baked veggies and sausage. Shower while the goodness is cooking in the oven.
- 8:00pm: Eat dinner with the girlfriend to an episode of Ozarks – love that show. SEASON 2 are you kidding me?!
- 9:00-9:45pm: Read case study in preparation for VC Law the following morning.
- 9:45-10:30pm: Prep for bed. Close out the night with a chapter of Venture Deals, a book co-authored by one of the VC Law professors, Jason Mendelson.
- 10:30-6:00am: SLEEP! Ready for the next day and the VC Law class at 8:00am.