The University of Colorado Real Estate Center's Real Estate Fellows Program provides highly-invested undergraduate business students with a real estate emphasis opportunities, skill development, industry connections, and resources to accelerate their preparedness for and exposure to the commercial real estate industry.
- Students with real estate emphases invited to apply in March
- Invitees submit application including resume and short responses demonstrating passion for real estate and interest in Fellowship
- Select applicants are invited to interview with industry professionals
- Selected Fellows are notified in early May
- Maintain good academic standing per university requirements
- Meet participation requirement for program offerings
- Attend all bi-weekly Real Estate Fellowship Meetings (alternating Wednesdays, 6:30-8:30 p.m.)
- Attend at least one “Conversations with Leaders” lunch per semester.
- Attend at least one event sponsored by a commercial real estate trade association per semester.
- Attend at least one Real Estate Fellowship local, national, or international trek per semester.
- Attend the CU Real Estate Center Annual Forum.
$3,500 Fellows Fund
$3,500 fund allotted to each fellow, used to subsidize the price of cost-associated program offerings. Balances are maintained and monitored internally by CUREC.
Bi-weekly meetings targeting emerging industry trends (e.g. innovation within real estate), leadership development (e.g. Rising Through the Ranks of Commercial Real Estate panel) and career-oriented preparation and learning (e.g. resume, cover letter, and interview prep workshops).
Commercial Real Estate Treks
Fall and spring multi-day treks to commercial real estate firms in national and international real estate hubs (e.g. New York, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Dubai).
Local Office Visits
Student tours of local commercial real estate firms followed by Q&A sessions with industry professionals.
Conversations with Leaders
Small-group lunches held once per month; industry leaders share a real estate-related topic of passion with interested students.
Individualized Guidance and Career Preparation
Exclusive access to the CU Real Estate Center's Programs and Student Engagement Manager for personalized academic support, career guidance, and interview preparation.
Showcase and further cultivate collaboration, analytical, creativity, problem-solving, and presentation skills in a team setting through case competitions addressing relevant challenges in commercial real estate. Select teams are invited to compete in national competitions with the opportunity to win prize money.
- Database with industry professionals' contact information accessible to all Fellows
- Graduating seniors receive young alum pairing to act as a guide, preparing Fellows for the start of their professional life.
Priority access to real estate technical trainings such as Wall Street Prep’s Real Estate Financial Modeling, CoStar, and ARGUS.