Published: April 4, 2018 By

Student AthleteI learned something yesterday—our student-athletes are talented entrepreneurs! I had the honor of presenting one my students, Petter Reisted, with the Student-Athlete of the Year Award, earning the highest GPA amongst all of CU's athletes. From working with Petter, I certainly was aware of his entrepreneurial spirit, but as I chatted with more and more of the 300+ student-athletes at this awards celebration, I was blown away by their innovative pursuits. 

One of our basketball players started a music label and has already produced a few albums. A heptathlete created a genetic coding overlay that is easier to understand for non-technical people (I don't really understand the technology, but she was very passionate about it!). And a cross country athlete created a new material that wicks away moisture quicker for runners and athletes. Wow! 

we're going to create more paths and opportunities for our student-athletes to cultivate their entrepreneurial ambitions.

I was so inspired that these students are not only Division 1 athletes and full-time students, but entrepreneurs as well. As I left the event, I connected with one of our Associate Athletic Directors and planted a seed—we're going to create more paths and opportunities for our student-athletes to cultivate their entrepreneurial ambitions. Stay tuned …

More Deming News

Jace Martinez

Jace's Legacy: Inspiring Hope and Empowerment at Jace's Place

In the summer of 1997, Monica and Mark Martinez welcomed their third child into the world. Born on July 2nd, baby Jace’s arrival would the beginning of an unexpected and challenging journey, and a spark of inspiration to help many other people in the distant future. His first cry in...

Dan Zhang
PricingService.ai Democratizes Dynamic Pricing in the Hospitality Industry
Garth Fasano
Garth Fasano: Pioneering Data-Driven Innovation in Call Centers and Championing Small Business Success
Foodwise Accepting Their Check
Pitch Competition Celebrates and Funds New CU Boulder Ventures Founded by Women