DECA is a student club focused on developing business students’ professional and entrepreneurial skills through international conferences and competitions.
Everyone has a business idea, so why not compete with it? Competition will consist of three consecutive, 5 minute, presentations to three different judges (industry professionals and faculty members) for a chance to win prizes. Competing groups will consist of 1 to 3 students.
COLLEGIATE DECA'S INTERNATIONAL CAREER DEVELOPMENT CONFERENCE (ICDC)
Come with us to compete as a CU Buff at DECA’s International Conference against students from all around the world. Choose a category of competitive events; business plans, financial analysis role-plays, management case studies, or marketing/website design competitions. It’s a fabulous opportunity for networking with industry executives and top managers on the DECA sponsorship board. Possibilities for internships, jobs, and scholarships may follow.
State and National Competitions
National conferences allow students to network with other business students, teachers, and real business leaders from around the globe, giving them the resources to be successful in the world of business.
Through state and national level competitions, members are given the opportunities of internships, scholarships, and possible employment. Examples of competition events are; financial analysis, sports marketing, restaurant and food service management, fashion design, web design, and business plan design.
- Excel in the classroom in areas such as marketing, finance, hospitality, management and entrepreneurship
- Gain a competitive edge in the global job market
- Develop strategic decision making and project management skills
- Network with business and industry experts and nearly 15,000 students and advisors
- Receive awards and recognition through competition and leadership action