What are the academic advantages of living in the Leeds RAP?
- Small class sizes
- An academic advisor who is located in the residence hall
- Students take all of their required first-year business courses in the residence hall
- All RAP instructors hold office hours in the residence hall
The Leeds RAP seeks students that value an active community and desire a deeper college experience that involves connecting with faculty, staff, professionals, and peers.
The Leeds RAP seeks to build individuals who are prepared, engaged, and equipped to succeed in 21st-century workplaces and to take roles as global leaders. All first-year students in the Leeds RAP participate in the Designing Your Leeds first-year seminar course which focuses on helping students customize their college experience to get the most out of it. which focuses on the professional and academic growth of students as they transition into college. In addition, Leeds RAP students take all of their required first-year business courses in small sections in the residence hall. All instructors who teach in the RAP offer office hours in the residence hall. Leeds RAP students are assigned an academic advisor who is located in the residence hall, increasing convenient access to this critical resource.
Additionally, the Leeds RAP hosts events throughout the year with myriad areas of academic and professional focus. Events in the last year include:
- “Introduction to the World of Finance,” “Introduction to Accounting,” Insights into Marketing,” and “Introduction to Management” with Leeds faculty members
- Attending TEDx Boulder
- “Developing a career in global real estate," "5 tips for find and working with your personal mentor," "Careers in the energy industry," and financial planning with Boulder-area professionals.
Courses Offered in Leeds RAP
Leeds RAP students take core business course in a small classroom setting in the residence hall, where they also have access to faculty and advisor office hours.
The following courses are offered in the Leeds RAP:
- BCOR 1015 World of Business
- BCOR 1025 Statistical Analysis in Business
- BCOR 1030 Communication Strategy
- MATH 1112 Mathematical Analysis in Business
- BADM 1250 First-Year Seminar for Business
- BADM 1260 First-Year Global Experience