CESR's staff is dedicated to furthering the mission and vision of CESR by producing programming and a curriculum firmly embedded within the foundation of business ethics and the importance of corporate social responsibility. All Leeds School of Business students are exposed to CESR's offerings in social entrepreneurship, sustainability and corporate ethics.
Executive Director; Faculty member
Mark E. Meaney, PhD has garnered an international reputation as a respected leader in ethics and compliance. With more than twenty years of experience in academic program development and implementation, consulting, and government regulation, Dr. Meaney’s experiences cover a wide array of industries including healthcare, higher education, global engineering and construction, government contracts, transportation services, and non-profits.
In November of 2015, Dr. Meaney was appointed Chairperson of the UN PRME North American Chapter. As such, he and CESR lead US and Canadian business schools to inspire and champion responsible management education, research, and thought leadership.
Former appointments include:
- Faculty Director for Ethics and Compliance Program Development at the Haas School of Business at the University of California Berkley
- System-wide Director of Ethics and Compliance with the Office of the President for the University of California
- Chief Compliance Operations Officer and First Deputy Director of the Office of Compliance with the Daley Administration in the City of Chicago.
- Academic appointments include the Legal Studies Department at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, College of Health Professionals at Thomas Jefferson University; and both the Division of Medical Humanities and the Department of Philosophy at the University of Arkansas.
- Dr. Meaney graduated from Marquette University in 1991 with a Doctorate of Philosophy specializing in Applied Ethics. He received a B.A. of Philosophy from St. Michael’s College in 1980 and studied at Philipps-Universitat in Marburg, Germany from 1987 to 1989.
As Associate Director, Julie oversees program development, budget, marketing, staff development, and community engagement. She is a Boulder native and a proud alumna of the Leeds MBA program (2016) where she received the MBA Marketing Student Excellence award and held leadership roles in the Graduate Net Impact chapter.
Julie’s background includes agency-side digital marketing, work at the International Chamber of Commerce and the OECD in Paris, engaging with consumers in the natural products industry, and teaching English in France and South Korea. She graduated from Western Washington University in Bellingham, WA with a B.A. in journalism and French. She is passionate about connecting Leeds students with career opportunities in impact business.
Sara helps develop and manage the Center for Ethics and Social Responsibility’s co-curricular programming for mission-driven business students. She is also involved with event planning, marketing, and community engagement.
A graduate of Lewis & Clark College in Portland, Oregon, Sara studied International Relations and Religious Studies. Her thesis was on the global resurgence of religious politics and its intersection with social issues and human rights.
Sara's previous work includes running a leadership development camp in the Santa Cruz mountains; community organizing for environmental advocacy; co-facilitating diversity and inclusion workshops for college students; and running a week-long academic symposium on understanding the environmental, geopolitical and social impacts of the world's growing population.
CESR Student Assistant
Sierra is a senior accounting student assistant in the CESR office. Her hometown is just north of Chicago, but she has traveled to Colorado throughout her life. She will graduate with an accounting degree and with the SRE certificate. She is involved in many organizations including Peer to Peer Mentoring, Young Alumni Mentoring, and the professional business fraternity of Delta Sigma Pi. In her free time, she enjoys outdoor activities such as running, hiking, skiing, and kayaking. She also enjoys painting, traveling, and cooking. Sierra has always had an interest in sustainability, and it is her belief that socially responsible business practices are the best way to implement change for the better for both our environment and society.