Koelbel - 418F
Federico (Rico) Bumbaca is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at the Leeds School of Business. He received his PhD in Marketing from The Paul Merage School of Business at the University of California Irvine. He earned BS and MS degrees in electrical engineering from the University of Toronto, an MBA from the Sloan School of Management at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and an MS in Operations Research from Virginia Tech.
Rico’s research interests are in the development and application of big data methods in marketing with a focus on Bayesian hierarchical models, target marketing, loyalty programs, distributed Markov chain Monte Carlo methods, nonparametric methods, structural econometrics, and scientific visualization. Rico has extensive marketing, business development and sales industry experience, both domestically and internationally, working with technology start-ups in the San Francisco Bay area.
Rico teaches Marketing Research and Analytics in the undergraduate program, and Data and Decisions in the MBA program
- PhD, Marketing - Paul Merage School of Business, University of California - Irvine
- MBA, Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- MS, Operations Research - Virginia Tech
- MS, Electrical Engineering - University of Toronto
- BS, Electrical Engineering - University of Toronto