Your Leeds Journey Begins Here.
Welcome, Leeds first-year students! We know that this is an exciting time and a significant transition for you and your family, so, before you start your college career in the classroom, Leeds hosts two days of orientations: Leeds Launch Day and CoLab. These important events are designed to help you acclimate to your new environment, connect with staff and faculty, jumpstart leadership and team building skills, and get to know your fellow classmates. We want to ensure you are beginning your Leeds experience equipped with the knowledge and connections you’ll need to make great choices over the next four years.
August 20-22 – Move-in Days
Business Students Living on Campus
CU move-in is scheduled for August 20-22 for all incoming freshmen. Please check the CU Occupancy Management website for details on each student’s move-in day and time.
To plan your transition to life in the residence halls, check out these moving tip sites:
For more information regarding move-in and the university housing experience, visit https://housing.colorado.edu.
August 23 & 24 – Leeds Fall Welcome (Registration Required)
Leeds Launch Day and CoLab: Essentials of Collaboration & Innovation are mandatory for all Leeds freshmen students.
Parents are welcome! Parents and family of new Leeds freshman are encouraged to participate in Leeds Launch Day. We ask interested parents and family members to RSVP if they wish to attend the activities on August 23.
If you have any accessibility requests or special needs, please contact email@example.com.
August 23 - Leeds Launch Day
- Location: the event will begin in Macky Auditorium on campus and then move to other campus locations.
- Students: Students are required to attend this orientation. Check-in will be open at 10:45 am and the orientation will run from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm. Lunch will be provided.
- During this day-long event, students will:
- Learn about what it takes to achieve academic success.
- Hear from our Dean of Undergraduate Affairs in a talk titled, “It’s Academic,” about the undergraduate program and keys to success.
- Get introductions to the broader Leeds community and the resources that will be critical to success.
- Parents: Please join us from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm with check-in beginning at 10:45 am for the welcome ceremonies with your students followed by a private reception hosted by the Dean of Leeds. The afternoon will close with a session from Academic Advising. The parent portion will end one hour sooner than the student section of the event.
August 24 – CoLab: Essentials of Collaboration & Innovation
- Location: The event will begin in Macky Auditorium on campus and then move to other campus locations.
- CoLab is a required orientation for all incoming Leeds freshmen. This orientation is open to students only. Parents are invited to attend Leeds Launch Day on Aug. 23 (see above for details).
- Students: This required activity will run from 9 am – 3:30 pm. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. We highly recommend wearing athletic shoes, bringing a water bottle, and wearing sunscreen, as most of the activities will be outside. Registering for Leeds Launch Day automatically registers you for CoLab.
- During this day-long experiential, outdoor program, students will:
- Develop a sense of the Leeds community
- Learn effective teamwork and collaboration skills
- Get introductions to Leeds corporate partners
- Practice collaborative skills to achieve team goals
Campus-wide International Student Orientation
Bienvenido. Bienvenue. Willcommen. Benvenuto. Selamat Datang. Welcome to your new home at Leeds and CU Boulder! We know you have traveled far to be with us, and we want to help you settle in to your new country and home away from home.
To help with your transition, please arrive by August 19, 2019. International students with a campus housing assignment contract will move in on Monday, August 19. International student orientation will run from August 19-22. For more information, visit https://www.colorado.edu/orientation/international-undergrad-students.
Please note that this is a separate orientation from Leeds Launch Day and CoLab, and that you will still need to register for the August 23 and 24 Leeds freshman orientation sessions.
Family Parking Information for Leeds Launch Day
Families who register for Leeds Launch Day will receive an email with details on where to park closer to the date of the event.
Parents, register in advance if you plan on attending. Details are outlined above.