Net Impact is an international nonprofit organization whose mission is to mobilize a new generation to use their careers to drive transformational change in their workplaces and the world. Spanning six continents, Net Impact membership makes up one of the most influential networks of MBAs, graduate students, and professionals in existence today.
Please visit our website at http://culeedsnetimpact.weebly.com/ for current information and our Net Impact Blog.
At the University of Colorado Boulder the graduate Net Impact chapter at the Leeds School of Business applies environmental sustainability and social responsibility, from the classroom to the boardroom. The club is part of the Center for Education on Social Responsibility (CESR) and the MBA Association; it is recognized as a Gold Chapter by Net Impact, placing it amongst the top 15% of graduate chapters. In 2015 the club was one of the top three Graduate Net Impact Chapters of the Year.
The club works closely with many Boulder and campus area organizations, notably the Deming Center for Entrepreneurship, Real Estate Center’s Institute for Sustainable Development, The CU Environmental Center, The CU Energy Club, and regional Net Impact chapters. A multitude of experiences and projects define the club as well. Frequently working with other MBA groups such as the Graduate Entrepreneurs Association, Graduate Real Estate Association, Leeds Social Impact Consultants, Organics + Natural Club, and the Global Business Club, guest speakers are brought in that range from small intimate lunch and dinner gatherings, to large keynote lectures.
Students also gain from unique consulting opportunities around the community, onsite visits to local businesses and field trips to various sustainable and socially conscious exhibits in the Denver-Boulder area. Moreover, the Leeds Net Impact club features a number of major events and signature initiatives every year:
The Net Impact National Conference
- Club members are eager every fall to join fellow Net Impact chapters at the national conference. In 2011 Leeds sent thirty seven students and two faculty members to the conference in Portland. Students who attend come back energized and ready to drive change in their work and school. In 2015 Leeds sent eight students to the conference in Seattle.
The Net Impact Case Competition
- For over a decade Leeds MBA students have annually hosted the premiere sustainability case competition. A dedicated team of student volunteers brings a real world problem to task for graduate school teams from around the world. This unique event culminates in Boulder, CO when the top entrants from around the globe are brought in for a live two-day competition.
- Board Fellows is a Net Impact chapter program where students have the opportunity to serve on the board of a local nonprofit as a non-voting member. MBA's who are interested in non-profit work or operations of a board of directors will find this a great opportunity. In addition to the valuable experience working alongside passionate individuals, participants will use their business skills to help complete integral projects for their organization.
CU New Venture Challenge: Social Impact Prize
- Since 2008 CU has hosted a business plan pitch competition for students to develop a new idea; the CU New Venture Challenge. MBA students take part in all aspects of the NVC, most notably through CESR and Net Impact they run the Social Impact Prize. This is a path that provides a competition space that recognizes those ventures that incorporate environmental and social responsibility into their business plans. For more information about this year's Social Impact Prize, please visit https://www.colorado.edu/nvc/how-nvc-works#nvc_social_impact_prize-129.
Sustainable Business Partners
Sustainable Business Partners is an MBA consulting effort in partnership with B Lab. Students work with companies to complete a B Impact Assessment and recommend strategies for improvement and alignment with core competencies, thereby creating value and growing the B Impact movement.
Leeds Social Impact Consultants
- Leeds Social Impact Consultants is an MBA student-run consulting service for social enterprises.
Every year new and talented students bring in fresh ideas to the club, our members have come to CU-Boulder for the sake of environmental and social change; Net Impact is the place to make that a reality. If you are interested in starting a chapter, working with our club, or want more information about who we are, please contact us, we want to hear from you!
Contact us at email@example.com.
Chris Barba, Leeds MBA '12 & Net Impact President
Mathias Frese, Leeds MBA '13 & Net Impact Case Competition Co-Director