The Leeds EXCEL Scholars Program is an innovative, independent program geared to meet the specific business education needs of students from diverse backgrounds including students who identify as first-generation, low-income and/or underrepresented. Program benefits include:
- Admission to the Leeds School of Business for the fall semester of freshman year
- A $1,000 renewable scholarship
- Priority in our Leeds Residential Academic Program
- Connection to Leeds faculty and current undergraduates through our faculty mentoring program and peer mentoring program
- Staff support and meetings with an assigned Diverse Scholars Program coordinator
The EXCEL Scholars Program is an invite only opportunity and it requires the completion of the three-week KeyBank Summer Bridge Program, from July 12-31, 2020. Through the bridge, scholars have an in-depth introduction to their first semester business courses, meet with corporate partners, connect with current Leeds faculty, staff and students, as well as learn and experience many of the services that Leeds provides during the academic year.
The EXCEL Scholars Program also cohorts scholars in courses for their first year meaning that all EXCEL Scholars will be enrolled in the same class sections to assist in the formation of study groups and for effective tutoring to be delivered.
If you received a letter in your admissions to CU inviting you to interview for EXCEL, we are excited to connect with you! Schedule your interview with Ruby Batalla, Associate Director of the Leeds Office of Diversity Affairs below.