Published: Feb. 22, 2019 By

Business Leadership Certificate Passion ProjectsWhat did you do for your passion project? 

For my passion project I decided to make an impact by sharing my heart story to elementary schools (Sofia was born with a congenital heart defect – maybe link to stories) as part of the jump rope for heart campaign. I've always gotten to share my heart story at different events, but to share it to kids is something that really makes my day. They get to see a face behind the message that they are raising money for which is really special that they see exactly why they are raising money for such a great organization and cause. 

Why was this important to you?

This is important to me, because it helps kids understands how much of a difference they can make and raises awareness about heart disease. 

Highlights

In addition to sharing her story at the state capital, Sofia was selected to be one of eight women nationwide to represent the American Heart Association's women's heart health initiative, Go Red for Women, in 2019. She was selected after an interview process that included a video submission.