A successful career requires developing relationships with a number of mentors. At Colorado Law, we offer several mentoring programs, described below. Our expansive alumni community is eager to engage with students, and we have a number of alumni events throughout the year to foster the development of student-alumni mentoring relationships.
The Women's Law Caucus provides 2L and 3L law student mentors for 1Ls. Students have the opportunity over the summer to get involved in the program for next year's 1Ls.
Alumni and other lawyers mentor Colorado Law students through the following programs:
- Pilot Mentoring Program - This program pairs 2L and 3L law students with lawyers/alumni who are practicing in the students' areas of interest. If you are interested in getting involved with this program as a mentee or a mentor, please email Alexia McCaskill.
- APALSA Mentoring Program - Through this prorgam, law student members are paired with attorney members of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association.
- Christian Legal Society Mentoring Program - Through this program, law students are paired with attorney members of the Colorado chapter of the Christian Legal Society based on the student's personal preferences, community involvement, and legal interests. If you are interested in getting involved with this program as a mentee or a mentor, please email the CLS mentoring program coordinator.
- LLSA Mentoring Program - As part of the LLSA mentoring program, law student members are paired with attorney members of the Colorado Hispanic Bar Association.
Mentoring Programs Oustide of Colorado Law:
- Boulder County Bar Association’s Raising the Bar Mentoring Program
- ABA General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Division Mentoring Program
- ABA National Mentor Program for Lawyers and Law Students with Disabilities
- American Association for Justice Law Student Mentor Program
- Colorado LGBT Bar Association Mentor/Mentee Program