In short, our students are professional, personable, and committed to hard work.
Our focus on careers.
Colorado Law's Career Development Office (CDO) specializes in connecting law students with employers both during the academic year and during the summer. Starting with 1L Orientation, where career development is a central theme, we encourage students to take an intentional and creative approach to planning their careers. Our CDO supports students by offering individualized career advising and a range of services and programs to help refine and achieve career goals. The CDO team includes six dedicated professionals with experience helping students and alumni succeed in the current employment climate.
Our mission is to:
- Educate students on career options available to them in the legal profession and related to the legal profession;
- Provide law students with individualized attention and guidance in their job searches and give them the tools necessary to maximize their employment opportunities;
- Assist students in identifying careers that align with their abilities and interests to maximize job satisfaction;
- Elevate the visibility of Colorado Law students in the local, regional, and national markets by advocating for them and promoting them to employers; and
- Develop and maintain relationships with local, regional, and national employers to increase their interest in hiring our students.
The University of Colorado Law School Career Development Office provides its students and graduates with equal opportunity to obtain employment without discrimination or segregation on the grounds of race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. By utilizing the services and facilities of the Career Development Office you are agreeing to abide by that principle and to comply with the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws established by the federal and Colorado governments.