2014 Homecoming and Reunions
October 24-25, 2014
Dean Phil Weiser, the faculty, staff, and students warmly welcome all of our alumni to celebrate, revive old friendships, network, and connect with Colorado Law during homecoming weekend.
In addition to fun homecoming events, Colorado Law alumni get together to celebrate reunions every five years after graduation on homecoming weekend. This year, classes ending in "4" and "9" will be celebrating. Reunion chairs from each class organize events. To help with your class reunion or find out who your class reunion organizers are, please contact Lauren Jimenez.
Classes celebrating their reunions in 2014:
1964 | 1969 | 1974 | 1979 | 1984 | 1989 | 1994 | 1999 | 2004 | 2009
Click on your class year to see how your class is celebrating!
2014 Homecoming Schedule of Events
Friday, October 24, 2014
- 12:30 p.m. - Pioneer Lunch for class of 1963 alumni and earlier
- 3:30 p.m. - Continuing Legal Education Panel: Making Government Work: Helping lawyers to be effective in government. Dean Phil Weiser will moderate a discussion of the role of lawyers in making government work effectively. This impressive panel includes Bernie Buescher ('74), former Colorado Secretary of State and Deputy Attorney General for State Services; Aneesh Chopra, former Chief Technology Officer of the United States and author of Innovative State; Alex Martinez('76), General Counsel, Denver Public Schools; and Senator Ellen Roberts('86), Colorado Senate District 6.
- 5:00 p.m. - Jazz Reception
Thanks to the generous support of Gary Berg ('79), Friday's CLE and Jazz Reception will be held at The Academy, 970 Aurora Avenue, Boulder, Colorado.
Saturday, October 25, 2014*
- 3.5 hours before the game - Continuing Legal Education Panel: Super Secret Stuff: Keeping things safe in a world of technological openness, at Wolf Law. This excellent panel includes Deborah Cantrell, Associate Professor and legal ethics expert; Mel Gates, an attorney with Squire Patton Boggs (US) LLP, who counsel clients in data privacy, cybersecurity, and regulatory compliance; and Jon Sibray, the University of Colorado Law School's Director of Information Technology. The panelists will update lawyers on current and expanded scope of competencies and ethical obligations facing lawyers when using technology in the work place. The panel will discuss how lawyers can best assess cyber-risks and cyber-security, using examples not only from the legal sector, but also health care and telecommunications.
- 2 hours before the game - Colorado Law Back to Boulder Barbeque at Wolf Law
- Colorado vs. UCLA football game at Folsom Field
Football Tickets: To purchase tickets please contact the CU Ticket Office at 303-492-8337 or click here. *Saturday schedule and football game time announced in early October.
For information about Colorado Law's homecoming events, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-492-7015. For information about other Back to Boulder Homecoming activities and events visit alumni.colorado.edu/backtoboulder.