At the White Center, our mission is to:
- support excellence in legal scholarship,
- expand public constitutional literacy, and
- serve Colorado's public high school students and teachers by offering educational programming on the United States Constitution.
We hope that you will join us for some of our upcoming events:
- 3rd Annual John Paul Stevens Lecture, September 17, 2013: This year's lecture will be delivered by Justice Sandra Day O’Connor. Registration—which is free and open to the public—opens on July 22, 2013.
- Constitution Day Project, September 9-20, 2013: This year our volunteers will visit classrooms over a two week period to teach an interactive lesson about the Constitution. Please email us to add your class to the list or to volunteer as a presenter.
- 21st Annual Rothgerber Conference, November 7-8, 2013: The 2013 conference, titled “Federalism All the Way Down,” will focus on federalism and how it impacts the constitutional debates surrounding the legalization of marijuana, gay marriage, gun rights, and immigration. Registration opens August 19, 2013.
- Regional Marshall-Brennan Moot Court Competition, January 25, 2014: This moot court competition is the capstone event for the Colorado high school students who are part of the Marshall-Brennan Project, a national project that pairs law students with teachers in underserved high schools to teach a class about the Constitution. If you are interested in volunteering to be a judge, please email us.