Welcome to the University of Colorado Law School. We offer a traditional Juris Doctor (JD) program, an option for completing the JD in 2.5 years, 7 dual degree and 5 certificate programs, and a Master of Studies in Law (MSL) program. Tuition rates for all entering students have remained the same for four years.
Our inspiring location is unparalleled among law schools.
Denver-Boulder is one of the nation's top metro areas:
- Metro area population of over 3.1 million (16th largest)
- Extensive cultural offerings (ballet to professional sports)
- #2 The Best College Towns to Live In - SmartAssest, September 2016
- #1 The Healthiest Cities in America - Niche, August 2016
- #2 Most Educated Metro Areas in the Nation - ValuePenguin, March 2016
- #1 The 10 Most Active Cities in U.S. - trulia, February 2016
- #1 The Best Cities for Outdoor Recreation Enthusiasts - Storage, Nov. 3, 2015
- #1 The Top 10 Metro Areas for Female Entrepreneurship - Fast Company, Oct. 26 2015
- #1 The Best Housing Markets for Growth and Stability - SmartAsset , July 8, 2015
- #1 The Most Fitness-Friendly Cities in America - Huffpost Healthy Living , July 2, 2015
Our students are talented, hard-working, service-oriented leaders.
- Class of 2019: 162 median LSAT score and 3.69 median GPA
- 97% of 1L students, and 96% of 2L students, worked in substantive legal summer jobs in 2016
- 13,047 hours of public service work volunteered by the class of 2014
Our nationally recognized programs prepare students for success.
- #8 Environmental Law (2016), U.S. News & World Report
- Students gain exposure, connections, experience, and leads on jobs through our centers and programs
- Silicon Flatirons Center for Law, Technology, and Entrepreneurship hosted 90 conferences engaging 1,084 students, 452 alumni, and 7,986 professionals in the technology world in 2011-12 academic year
- Getches-Wilkinson Center for Natural Resources, Energy, and the Environment convenes national thought-leaders from public and private sectors
- Byron White Center for the Study of American Constitutional Law, the cornerstone of our public service program, hosted U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg (2012), Justice Sandra Day O’Connor (2013), Justice Antonin Scalia (2014), and Justice Sotomayor (2016)
We are a leader and innovator in developing legal professionals.
We are a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive community.
- 40 student organizations
- 7,000+ living alumni spread across every state and 5 continents
- #37 on Diversity Honor Roll (2012), The National Jurist
- Our students enjoy helping each other succeed
- Our 9.9:1 student-to-faculty ratio (in the top 20, U.S. News & World Report) enables meaningful interactions between students and faculty members
The University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, creed, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status in admission and access to, and treatment and employment in, its educational programs and activities.