Welcome to the University of Colorado Law School. We offer a traditional Juris Doctor (JD) program, an option for completing the JD in 2.5 years, 8 dual degree and 5 certificate programs, and three Master of Laws (LLM) programs.
Our inspiring location is unparalleled among law schools.
Denver-Boulder is one of the nation's top metro areas:
- Metro area population of over 3.1 million (16th largest)
- Extensive cultural offerings (ballet to professional sports)
- #1 Best Quality of Life in America (2010), Portfolio.com
- #1 Happiest City in America (2011), Gallup
- #1 Most Creative City (2012), The Daily Beast
- #1 Most Educated (2011), U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- #1 Place for Startups (2012), CNN
Our students are talented, hard-working, service-oriented leaders.
- Entering fall 2013 class: 162 median LSAT score and 3.58 median GPA
- 93% of students worked in substantive legal summer jobs in 2012
- 11,508 hours devoted by students to public service work in the 2011-12 academic year
Our nationally recognized programs prepare students for success.
- #5 Environmental Law (2012), U.S. News & World Report
- Students gain exposure, connections, experience, and leads on jobs through our centers and programs
- Silicon Flatirons Center for Law, Technology, and Entrepreneurship hosted 90 conferences engaging 1,084 students, 452 alumni, and 7,986 professionals in the technology world in 2011-12 academic year
- Getches-Wilkinson Center for Natural Resources, Energy, and the Environment convenes national thought-leaders from public and private sectors
- Byron White Center for the Study of American Constitutional Law, the cornerstone of our public service program, hosted U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg (2012), and will host Justice Sandra Day O’Connor (2013)
We are a leader and innovator in developing legal professionals.
We are a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive community.
- 40 student organizations
- 7,000+ living alumni spread across every state and 5 continents
- #37 on Diversity Honor Roll (2012), The National Jurist
- Our students enjoy helping each other succeed
- Our 9.68 to 1 student to faculty ratio (in the top 20, U.S. News & World Report) enables meaningful interactions between students and faculty members