Colorado Law’s faculty and staff are committed to helping you succeed. We are readily accessible to answer questions, discuss career plans, and offer advice about classes. Below is a list of topics and links to relevant pages on our website, as well as the contact information for faculty and staff members who are most knowledgeable about those topics.
Please feel free to contact these people directly if you have questions or would like to meet in person. Before doing so, however, we encourage you to review the information on the website as that might save you time.
Visit our website to learn more about academic credit or law school rules.
For questions about registering for classes, class schedules, final exams, and transcripts, contact the Registrar's Office at email@example.com.
For questions about scholarships or admissions, contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 492-7203.
For questions about certificates, contact the faculty advisor(s) for your specific program:
- American Indian Law Certificate – Professor Kristen Carpenter or Professor Carla Fredericks
- Entrepreneurial Law Certificate – Professor Brad Bernthal
- Health Law & Policy Certificate - Professor John A Francis
- International Law Certificate- Professor Desautels-Stein
- Juvenile and Family Law Certificate – Professor Colene Robinson or Professor Jennifer Hendricks
- Energy, Environmental and Natural Resources Law & Policy Certificate – Professor Mark Squillace
Diversity & Inclusiveness
View information about programs here, and contact Assistant Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusive Excellence Fernando Guzman with any questions. Assistant Dean Guzman always is happy to talk with members of our community about issues related to diversity and inclusion.
For questions about dual degrees, contact the faculty advisor for your specific program:
- Juris Doctor/Master of Business Administration (JD/MBA) – Professor Brad Bernthal
- Juris Doctor/Master in Environmental Studies (JD/ENVS) or Juris Doctor/Doctorate in Environmental Studies (JD/PhD) – Professor Mark Squillace
- Juris Doctor/Doctor of Medicine (JD/MD) – Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
- Juris Doctor/Master of Public Administration (JD/MPA) – Professor Helen Norton
- Juris Doctor/Master of Science in Technology, Cybersecurity, and Policy (JD/MS) – Professor Blake Reid
- Juris Doctor/Master of Urban and Regional Planning (JD/MURP) – Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
For questions about externships, contact Emily Horowitz, director of Experiential Learning and Public Service Programs.
For questions about paying tuition and fees, grants, work study, and financial aid in general, contact Colorado Law's financial aid counselors at email@example.com or (303) 492-0647.
Law School Rules
The Law School Rules providing governing principles for a range of matters including the curriculum, student admissions, and graduation requirements. Download the most recent version of the Law School Rules.
Planning Student Events
Visit our website for information on how to host a student event, such as reserving a room, planning for alcohol and food, applying for funding, and publicizing the event.
To reserve a room for an event, visit the Colorado Law Front Desk (in the Dean's Suite on the 3rd floor) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. After you reserve your room, please submit your event here to include it on the events calendar and in the weekly and daily events emails: http://lawweb.colorado.edu/events/request.jsp
For questions about the Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP) or summer fellowships, contact Alexia McCaskill, senior director for professional development.
For questions about the Public Service Pledge, contact Emily Horowitz, director of the Experiential Learning and Public Service Programs.
For questions about the student experience, graduating in 2.5 years, working during law school, or student travel, contact Law.StudentAffairs@colorado.edu.
For questions or concerns regarding student conduct or to read policies and procedures regarding student conduct, visit CU's Office of Student Conduct.
You can view general information about working during law school here. Click here to request a waiver of the 1L work policy so that you can work during 1L year. For questions about the work policy or juggling responsibilities while you are in school, contact Law.StudentAffairs@colorado.edu. For assistance finding employment, contact the Career Development Office.
If you were hired as a student employee (e.g., research assistant) and have questions about payroll or timesheets after reviewing the information on our website, contact Victoria Johnson, finance and accounting coordinator.
For contact information for a student group, visit our Student Organizations page.
Tax Emphasis Program
For questions about the Tax Emphasis Program, contact Professor Sloan Speck.