It's no secret: Boulder is simply one of the best places to live in the nation. Sitting at the base of the Rocky Mountains, Boulder's mild climate and gorgeous scenery are an unbeatable combination. The city is considered one of the nation's elite spots for health, culture, business environment, and overall quality of life.
Boulder - the basics.
- Located 30 miles northwest of Denver
- Elevation: 5,430 feet
- Average temperature: 64/37° F
- 300+ days of sunshine annually
- Annual snowfall: 83 inches
- Population: City of Boulder - 97,385; including surrounding areas - 293,161
- Median age: 29
- 30.5% of the population holds graduate degrees
Take a closer look.
- Check out Boulder's rankings for everything from food to fitness
- Get today's weather
- Take a virtual walk on the Pearl Street Mall downtown
- Explore Boulder's 300 miles of bike paths and extensive bus system
- Read today's news for Boulder
Pick your activity.
- Go on a picnic: Parks & Recreation, Colorado National Parks
- Hit the slopes: a comprehensive guide to 27 ski resorts in Colorado
- Beat the heat: tubing, kayak, canoe, raft, fishing
- Head for the hills: rock climbing, hiking, and biking
- What's happening tonight?: music, theatre, art, festivals, and farmer’s markets
- Go shopping: Pearl Street Mall, Twenty Ninth Street Mall, Flatirons Crossing Mall
- Grab a bite: dining guide, “Best of Boulder County” list