The law school's annual commencement ceremony takes place in May each year. It is open to December, May, and August graduates.
The spring 2013 law commencement ceremony will be on May 10, 2013.
- Reception: Wolf Law Courtyard at 3:00 p.m.; each graduate can bring up to nine guests; graduates must RSVP for all guests over the age of 3 in advance of the reception (due to campus alcohol rules)
- Procession to Macky Auditorium: 5:00 p.m.; buses will be available to transport guests from the law school to Macky
- Ceremony: Macky Auditorium at 6:00 p.m.; everyone welcome to attend; the ceremony usually lasts until 7:45 p.m.; buses will be available to transport guests back to the law school
Commencement checklist for prospective JD graduates:
1) View Graduation Requirements
2) Apply for Graduation (deadline to apply or cancel for May 2013 graduation is April 1, 2013)
3) Order Regalia
- Students donating to LRAP:
a) Submit Tuition Deposit Waiver/LRAP Donation form
b) Submit Sizes
- Students paying for regalia individually: A representative from Willsie Cap and Gown will be on campus on Tuesday, March 5 and Wednesday, March 6 to collect regalia sizes and payment ($48 cash or check only).
4) RSVP for yourself and your guests (no more than 9) for the reception
5) If your name has a unique pronunciation, submit the correct pronunciation to email@example.com.
Legacy cords are available to graduates whose family members attended CU. To ascertain a legacy cord, please go to the Heritage Center (open Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) on the third floor of Old Main.