The Colorado Law Student Parents Group is comprised of students who are juggling the competing demands of law school and parenting at the same time. You can join the LinkedIn Colorado Law Student Parents Group to make professional connections, add the course titled "Colorado Law Student Parents" on TWEN, and join the Colorado Law Parents Group on Facebook for more information.
Resources for CU Law Parents
Housing & Child Care
- CU offers family housing and daycare, but you will need to reserve a spot on the waitlist.
- The YWCA has a drop-in childcare center YWCAboulder.Org
- CU Students have free access to Sittercity.Com, an online database you can post jobs, receive and review applications and check references to find local babysitters and nannies. Click here for details on how to set up an account.
CU Law Scholarships (through Office of Admissions)
- 2L/3L Scholarships with a preference for life experience like parenting
- Robert M. Gilbert Law Scholarship
- Thomas and Claire Brown Scholarship
*notice of scholarship application process is sent in March - deadline shortly following
Food, Healthcare & Family Finances
- Children and spouses may qualify for WIC, Food Assistance (FA), and Medicaid. Check on the Boulder County website for eligibility.
- The CU transit pass can help save money.
Counseling & Health
- CU Wardenburg Acupuncture & Massage Services
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at CU: Located on campus, walk-in hours, students can receive 6 free counseling sessions per year Counseling.Colorado.Edu
- The Parenting Place: Workshops, discussion groups, support groups, resources, and special events for children on a donation basis. 303-449-0177 MyParentingPlace.Org
- Foothills Parenting Classes: Online resource of parenting classes, workshops, and counseling resources for parents FoothillsParentingClasses.Com
- YWCA Resource Center: Counseling, career and job-search classes and support groups, drop-in resource center, single-parent networking. 303-443-0419
- National Alliance on Mental Illness offers a support group for parents and can help connect to other providers. 303-443-4591 NamiBouldercounty.Org
- Mental Health Center of Boulder County: Counseling & workshops available on a sliding scale, parenting classes and groups. 303-443-8500
- Consignment stores like Childish Things ChildishThingsConsign.Com
- Thrift stores like Savers Savers.Com
- Just Between Friends Sale JBFsale.Com
- Craigslist (Boulder) is great for quality used baby and kid gear, as well as, bedroom furniture
Free Things to Do with Your Family