As we continue to grow, we hope that this page will serve as a helpful record of our past work. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you do not find what you are looking for.
Highlights from the 2017-18 school year:
The 2017 John Paul Stevens Lecture took place Sept. 26 at the Carr Judicial Center in Denver. Former Chief Judge of the State of New York spoke on “Changing the Dialogue on Access to Justice.”
Students, lawyers, and law professors visited classrooms all over the state for the 2017 Colorado Law Constitution Day Project from Sept. 11-22. This year’s lesson plan required students to grapple with the relationship between the First Amendment and a school’s responsibility to maintain a disciplined teaching environment.
In October, the Byron White Center partnered with the DU Sturm College of Law’s Constitutional Rights and Remedies Program to offer a Continuing Legal Education presentation examining the upcoming Supreme Court Term. The CLE was offered in Denver on October 3 at the offices of Holland & Hart and in Boulder on October 4 in Room 204 at the Wolf Law Building.
The 26th Annual Rothgerber Constitution Law Conference, "Listeners and the First Amendment," took place Friday, April 13, 2018 from 8:30 am-3:30 pm. Speakers from around the U.S. explored a broad range of issues related to listeners’ constitutional interests and rights. Topics included when and why listeners’ interests should matter to First Amendment law, how we might go about determining listeners’ interests, and what to do when listeners’ interests may be in tension with speakers’ interests -- generally or in specific contexts involving speech to voters, consumers, workers, students, information users, shareholders, clients, consumers of the media, and other specific individuals or communities
- 2011 Constitution Day Project (September, 2011)
- 2012 Constitution Day Project (September, 2012)
- 2013 Constitution Day Project (September, 2013)
- 2012 Colorado Moot Court Competition (January, 2012: Wolf Law)
- 2012 National Moot Court Competition (March, 2012: Washington, D.C.)
- 2013 Colorado Moot Court Competition (February, 2013: Wolf Law)
- 2013 National Moot Court Competition (April, 2013: Washington, D.C.)
- 1st Annual Stevens Lecture- delivered by former U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens (September, 2011: Wolf Law)
- 2nd Annual Stevens Lecture- delivered by U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg (September, 2012: UMC Ballroom)