I hope you are doing well on this Veterans Day.
I’m writing to announce that the law school, after being given greater flexibility by the main campus for arranging our spring 2021 calendar, will be adopting the spring calendar below. This final change in the calendar corresponds with a proposal made by student leaders and consulted with other students at last Friday’s open forum and with the faculty. I was reluctant to see another change made to the spring calendar, but after the consultations I am convinced that this final change is, overall, beneficial.
- Law school classes will still begin January 11 but will now end April 23, the original date for the end of classes.
- Like the rest of campus, we will not have a typical five-day spring break but will have February 17 and March 25 off as wellness day, in addition to having the usual MLK holiday off on January 18.
- At the law school we will have a wellness/study break from Friday, April 9 through Tuesday, April 13. There will be no classes during this period.
- As before, final exams will take place April 26 -May 6.
- Wintersession courses will proceed as originally scheduled.
Once again, thank you all for your flexibility and understanding, as we do our best to adapt to this challenging time.
S. James Anaya
Dean and University Distinguished Professor