Barristers’ Counsel provides students the opportunity to develop advocacy and counseling skills, and then apply those skills in moot court, mock trial, and transactional competitions.
Each year, Barristers’ Counsel gives students an opportunity to sharpen, polish, and apply their advocacy and counseling skills through individual coaching, intraschool competitions, and external competitions. Third-year students and experienced attorneys serve as judges for the competitions and provide valuable feedback to all competitors.
Students who demonstrate excellent performance in intraschool competitions have the opportunity to represent Colorado Law at competitions against other top law schools around the country. Students with exceptional dedication and promise have the chance to serve in leadership roles during their third-year.
For more information, contact: Will Hauptman (William.firstname.lastname@example.org), Executive Chair, Moot Court Division; Sean Keefe (email@example.com), Executive Chair, Transactional Division; Rob Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org), Executive Chair, Mock Trial Division.
- Colorado Appellate Advocacy Competition
- Rothgerber Moot Court Competition
- Carrigan Cup Trial Advocacy Competition
- Reilly Pozner Trial Challenge
- Colorado Cup Trial Advocacy Competition
- Hogan & Hartson Cup Trial Advocacy Competition (with the University of Denver Sturm College of Law)
- University of Colorado Transactional Law Meet
- National Appellate Advocacy Competition (sponsored by the New York Bar Association)
- National Trial Competition (sponsored by the American College of Trial Lawyers)
- National Student Trial Advocacy Competition (sponsored by the American Association of Justice)
- Costello National Criminal Trial Advocacy Competition
Special Interest Competitions
- Price Media Law Moot Court Competition
- Pace National Environmental Moot Court Competition
- Frederick Douglass Moot Court Competition
- National Hispanic Moot Court Competition
- Native American Law Student Association Moot Court Competition
- Telecommunications Law Moot Court Competition
- Saul Lefkowitz Trademark Moot Court Competition
- National Moot Court in Child and Adoption Law
- Gibbons National Criminal Procedure Moot Court Competition
- First Amendment and Media Law – Diversity Competition
- American Intellectual Property Law Competition
- Stetson Law Int’l Environmental Moot Court Competition
- Int’l Institute of Space Law Lachs Moot Court Competition
- NAPABA Thomas Tang Moot Court Competition
- Click here to visit the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Click here to visit the American Assoication of Justice
- Click here to find us on TWEN