It's no secret: Boulder is simply one of the best places to live in the nation. Sitting at the base of the Rocky Mountains, Boulder's mild climate and gorgeous scenery are an unbeatable combination. The city is considered one of the nation's elite spots for health, culture, business environment, and overall quality of life.
Boulder - the basics.
- Located 30 miles northwest of Denver
- Elevation: 5,430 feet
- Average temperature: 64/37° F
- 300+ days of sunshine annually
- Annual snowfall: 83 inches
- Population: City of Boulder - 97,385; including surrounding areas - 293,161
- Median age: 29
- 30.5% of the population holds graduate degrees
Take a closer look.
Pick your activity.
- Go on a picnic: Parks & Recreation, Colorado National Parks
- Hit the slopes: a comprehensive guide to 27 ski resorts in Colorado
- Beat the heat: tubing, kayak, canoe, raft, fishing
- Head for the hills: rock climbing, hiking, and biking
- What's happening tonight?: music, theatre, art, festivals, and farmer’s markets
- Go shopping: Pearl Street Mall, Twenty Ninth Street Mall, Flatirons Crossing Mall
- Grab a bite: dining guide, “Best of Boulder County” list