The Women’s Law Caucus (WLC) sponsors and provides events, activities, and information about issues affecting women in the legal profession. In addition, WLC hosts several social events throughout the year, allowing students to get to know each other, community professionals, and law school faculty. Though the WLC provides information about women, membership and participation are open to both male and female students, faculty and staff, and community members.
To get involved, a student can attend general meetings, attend and/or participate in the sponsored events, sign up on TWEN, and volunteer for one of our many committees. During Spring Semester, students have the opportunity to run for a board position to become even more involved with the organization.
- Used Bookstore: The WLC operates a year-round consignment bookstore, offering students an affordable alternative for buying textbooks, study guides, and supplemental materials. Because this is a consignment bookstore, the quality of the books varies. If your professor does not require a brand new edition, you could save a ton of money. Bookstore hours and more details are below.
- Women in Law panels during the lunch hour or in the evenings on a variety of topics such as salary negotiations, how to have your voice heard in the workplace, difficulties surrounding being a woman in law, and more.
- Mentor/Mentee Program: WLC pairs incoming students second and third year students who serve as mentors. There is a kickoff event at the beginning of Fall Semester as well as additional events later in the year.
- Women in Law Day (WILD): WLC sponsors a visit and informational conference for women interested in the legal profession; activities include panel discussions, prominent guest speakers, and a mock law school class
- Summer Fellowship: WLC annually awards a fellowship to a 1L or 2L who will be volunteering in some capacity regarding women’s issues.
- Various social events such as cookie decorating, movie nights, picnics, and yoga.
Executive Board 2020-2021:
- President: Paige Robinson, email@example.com
- Vice President: Danielle Edwards, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Madeline Maersk-Moller, email@example.com
- Secretary: Hailey Adler, firstname.lastname@example.org
- WiLD Co-chair: Marlaina Zollinger, email@example.com
- WiLD Co-chair: Kristina Abdalla, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bookstore Manager: Ellen Miller, email@example.com
- CWBA Rep: Alison Noon McMahon, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Chair, including Mentoring Program: Louisa Clark, email@example.com
- Social Chair, including Mentoring Program: Kennedy Sheetz, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookstore hours: to be determined
A schedule will be posted outside of the bookstore, which is located on the first floor of the law school.
For updates to the calendar, please follow the Colorado Law Class of 2020/2021/2022 Facebook groups. If additional information is needed, contact Paige Robinson at email@example.com.
Please note that the WLC Bookstore is cash or check only. Checks must have actual addresses; they cannot be temporary checks. Checks should be made out to the University of Colorado.
- Click here to find us on Canvas.