The Black Law Students Association (BLSA) at Colorado Law is much more than a club: it’s a community. Our purpose is to enable students of African decent to acclimate to the law school environment through the exchange of various cultural experiences and perspectives. Our goal is to engender a supportive, diverse environment while providing opportunities for networking and professional advancement. We provide both professional and academic support to the community. BLSA is open to all CU Law Students, regardless of race or ethnicity, and all students are encouraged to attend and participate in our meetings and programs.
Also, sign up to our TWEN page to stay up to date on meetings, events and community service volunteer opportunities.
- Holiday Jazz Concert (featuring an 18-piece jazz band performing Duke Ellington’s Nutcracker Suite)
- International Book Drive (raised over 300 books towards the creation of a library at the Harare Institute of Technology)
- 40thAnnual Sam Cary Scholarship Gala (three BLSA students received Sam Cary Scholarships)
- Voter Registration FAC (co-sponsored by LLSA, OUTLaw, and APALSA)
- Welcome Back Barbecue
- Welcome Back Retreat at Lucky Strike
- Co-President: VanMichael Moore, email@example.com
- Co-President: Kehinde Winful, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: Hanna Wynn, Hanna.Wynn@colorado.edu
- Treasurer: Clement Asante, Clement.Asante@colorado.edu