Please see the College website for complete information on all academic policies.
- The minimum grade for each course is:
- C- if the course is a prerequisite (including courses that can be either a pre- or co-requisite) for any other course in the civil engineering curriculum.
- D- for all other courses.
- Up to three attempts are allowed to achieve the minimum grade in each course/requirement.
- As of Fall 2023, W (withdraw) grades do not count as an attempt.
- Where course substitutes are accepted (e.g. Calculus 1, computing, etc.), a total of three attempts are allowed to complete each requirement, regardless of which course(s) are taken.
- All courses counting toward the civil engineering degree must be taken for a letter grade, except:
- As of Fall 2023, Pass/Fail and Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory courses are allowed for free electives.
- CU-sponsored study abroad grades that are converted to Pass/Fail are exempt from this requirement.
Contact a member of the CEAE Advising Team:
Schedule advising appointments and view drop-in hours in Buff Portal Advising.