To help you through the process of transferring to CU Boulder, please follow the below timeline to keep you on track and informed through each phase.
- Join our communication list to learn about our academic programs, events, community and so much more.
- Schedule a transfer admission and credit appointment—Prospective students who have not submitted an application can meet one-on-one, virtually, with an admission representative to discuss a plan for transferring to CU Boulder and review transfer credit.
- Contact a pre-transfer advisor—A pre-transfer advisor can help you choose courses at your current institution to facilitate your transfer to CU Boulder and understand degree requirements for your desired major.
- Attend a Virtual Info Session—Learn about the transfer application process, how your courses may transfer and the Buff community.
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter @futurebuffs and join a live social event to learn about the application process, transfer credit, registering for classes, campus life, how to chat with a current student and more.
- Military students: Visit the Veteran & Military Affairs website for more information regarding the processing of GI Bill and other military education benefits, as well as information regarding campus resources available to our veteran and active-duty population.
October 1—Spring application deadline
June 1 (deadline extended)—Fall application deadline for regular decision applicants
You are automatically considered for transfer scholarships up until the June 1 admission application deadline for fall enrollment, but more are available via the CU Boulder Scholarship Application. To gain access to the scholarship application, you must submit an admission application several days before the June 15 deadline. However, you do not need to be admitted to apply. We recommend you apply early to meet this deadline.
- Spring and summer applicants: You may submit a FAFSA for spring and summer terms, but institutional aid and scholarships are awarded every academic year starting with the fall semester.
Admission Decision Phase
Admission decisions for transfer students are made on a rolling basis. You will typically hear a decision between four and six weeks after you have submitted a completed application and all supporting materials. While you are waiting for an admission decision, we suggest that you do the following to prepare for possible admission:
- Visit the I've submitted my application section of our website to learn about next steps, including applying for scholarships and learning about our Buff community.
- Visit the I've been admitted section of our website to learn about next steps, including reviewing your transfer credit evaluation and confirming your intent to enroll.
- Connect with current CU Boulder transfer students and other prospective transfer students by joining the CU Boulder transfer student Facebook and Instagram groups.
- Contact a pre-transfer advisor - Newly admitted transfer students can meet with a pre-transfer advisor to choose course options, discuss an estimated time to degree completion and ensure a successful transition.
We encourage you to confirm your intent to enroll as soon as possible after you have been admitted to give yourself time to complete important next steps, such as securing housing, completing online orientation and preparing to register for classes. Transfer students registration dates are TBD. Please check back or visit the Office of the Registrar website for more information.
- Visit the I've confirmed section of our website to learn about next steps.