A student who is pursuing the ME, Mechanical Engineering degree (Primary) and wishes to also obtain the ME, Engineering Management degree must be admitted into the Mechanical Engineering MS Professional degree. Once admitted into ME, students must then apply internally and be admitted into the Engineering Management Program. Students must complete a total of 45 hours of coursework at the 5000 level or above.
- As part of the Mechanical Engineering requirements, students must complete the following:
- A minimum of 18 credit hours of courses in Mechanical Engineering (although up to 24 credits can be taken in ME)
- Up to 6 graduate-level credits may be taken outside of Mechanical Engineering
- To fulfill the Professional Development Program (PDP) requirement, you must attend a series of seminars/colloquiums and workshops. MS Professional students must attend 15 seminars/colloquiums. More information on PDP requirements can be found in your individual student portal.
- Visit the Engineering Management Program website for specific requirements as part of the dual degree.
Note: EMEN 5000 Engineering Principles cannot be applied toward the Engineering Management degree.