Master of Science (On Campus)
- 30 credit hours
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 2.75 cumulative GPA in their prior degree program to be considered. International students may have country-specific requirements and/or English proficiency requirements.
- The MS degree is a nonthesis degree, though students may have the opportunity to complete a capstone or project as part of the 30 required credit hours.
- Students may earn this degree as part of the Bachelor's–Accelerated Master’s (BAM) degree program, which allows currently enrolled CU Boulder undergraduate students to earn a bachelor's and master's degree in a shorter period of time.
- GRE scores are not reviewed. Applicants do not need to submit GRE scores as part of their application packet. In fact, we actively discourage it, and our MS-DS admissions team is unable to see GRE data when reviewing submissions.
For program details, review the course catalog for the MS in data science.
Master of Science (Online)
- The online MS-DS is an interdisciplinary degree program offered through the University of Colorado Boulder and hosted online through Coursera’s learning platform. The MS-DS is a nonthesis degree that requires 30 credit hours of coursework.
- Enroll right away into a series of three 1-credit pathway courses with a focus on either statistics or computer science. Complete your pathway with a GPA of 3.0 or better to be admitted to the program, all while making direct progress toward your degree. No transcripts or applications are required.
For program details, review the course catalog for the MS (online) in data science.