CEAE Spring Career Fair, Feb. 28, 2024, 12-4 p.m.
The University of Colorado Boulder Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering career and internship fair will be held on Feb. 28, 2024, 12-4 p.m. and will be virtual, hosted through the Handshake platform. You will be able to schedule one-on-one video sessions with students, host group meetings with up to 50 students, review resumes online and post information about your organization ahead of time. This event will capture most sub-disciplines within the department, including structural, electrical, mechanical, geotech, water resources and construction engineering & management. The students who attend are highly interested in your industry since this is a department-level career fair instead of a campus-wide event. Please note that our fall fair was highly successful and many students received job and internship offers. Fewer students attend the spring fair in comparison. The event cost is $250 ($150 for non-profit). Additional information will be forwarded after you register. Registration fills up quickly. Registration opened on Dec. 1, 2023 at this LINK.
- To learn more about virtual career fairs, please follow this link for Handshake’s “Virtual Recruiting Toolkit for Employers.”
- If you don’t already have a Handshake account, please visit – New Registration
- For all other questions, please reach out to Teaching Professor Matt Morris or Career Services, Molly Bandimere.
Attend the CEAE spring virtual career fair to meet employers and discover more about the opportunities they offer. Students can start registering for the event beginning Feb. 21, 2024.
We strongly suggest you join this fair and talk to a lot of employers. As of Feb. 2, 2024, we have 57 employers registered.
Now is your best chance to land a full-time job or internship. Get a job now! Please don’t wait.
Before the fair:
- Login to Handshake to update your profile, register for the event and sign up for 1:1 and group sessions. Read and follow the directions on the Student Prep for the CEAE Virtual Career and Internship Fair
- Register for Career Services' Prepare for the Virtual Career Fair, a remote session on Feb. 6, 2024, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Resume and Interview Advice – Instead of an in-person workshop, we recorded a 30-minute video for some tips and tricks.
- Companies – Here is a list of companies with some detail to narrow your search. Do your homework for each company you plan to meet.
- Group and one-to-one sessions – Consider group sessions as an information session to learn more about the company and to ask questions. The 1:1 sessions are equivalent to you “walking up to the booth” at a fair. Use those sessions for a personal interaction to attempt to get a follow-up interview.
- P.S. If you’re not seeing any available 1:1 or group sessions, it probably means the company hasn’t established its schedule yet. Check back as employers populate their sessions.
- Visit the Career Services’ webpage for more information on university-wide fairs throughout the year.