MACULA will design a proof-of-concept light detection and ranging (LIDAR) scanning system for entry, descent, and landing (EDL) spacecraft applications. The team will also develop software to identify possible hazards and select a safe landing zone using data collected from a scanned landing-zone mockup.
- Project Sponsor: CU Aerospace Engineering Sciences
- Customer: Jeffery Thayer and Brian Argrow
- Project Advisors: Jay McMahon
- Project Manager: Matthew Hurst
- Team Members: Trevor Arrasmith, Brett Bender, Chris Brown, Nick Dawson, David Emmert, Bryce Garby, Russell Gleason, Matthew Hurst, Jared Levin, Ansel Rothstein-Dowden