Fellowships & Scholarships
- AIAA Foundation Scholarships
- BOLD Scholarships
- Brooke Owens Fellowship
- College of Engineering & Applied Science Dean's Matching Travel Grant
- Graduate Student Global Enrichment Fund (International Student Travel Grant)
- Dr. Gerald A. Soffen Memorial Fund (Student Travel Grants)
- Kelly Engineering Resources Future Engineers Scholarship Program
- Matthew Isakowitz Fellowship
- CU Boulder McNair Scholars
- NASA Opportunities for Students -- Internships and Fellowships
- NOAA Ernest F. Hollings Undergraduate Scholarship Program
- SMART Scholarship (Science, Mathematics, and Research for Transformation)
- Smead Aerospace GAANN Fellowships
- International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading (ISTAT) Foundation Scholarship Program
- Top Scholarship Office at the University of Colorado Boulder
Student Groups and Clubs
- Center for Student Involvement Directory of Student Activities & Clubs on Campus
- CU Engineering Directory of Engineering Student Groups
Aerospace and Engineering-Oriented Student Groups
- Aerospace Graduate Student Organization (AGSO) - Strengthening relationships between aerospace graduate students, faculty, department officials, industry and the local community.
- CU AIAA (American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics) - Providing our members with a liaison between industry professionals and students.
- CU AISES (American Indian Science & Engineering Society) - Promoting the highest standards of education and professional excellence to widen the STEM workforce and grow sector support.
- CU Engineering BOLD Center (Broadening Opportunity through Leadership & Diversity) - Creating a diverse environment where all engineering students are welcome, and where students who are traditionally underrepresented in engineering are empowered to achieve their dreams.
- CU Cafe - Inspiring students from underrepresented backgrounds to be successful academics.
- CU DBF (Design, Build, Fly) - Each year, the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) holds a student RC aircraft contest called Design-Build-Fly. We are CU Boulder's DBF team.
- CU Flying Club - We are passionate about all things aviation -- talking about planes, looking at planes, and especially flying planes! You don't have to be a pilot to join; if you don't have your license we'll help you get one.
- CU NSBE (National Society of Black Engineers) - Creating opportunities for students with a passion for science, technology, engineering and math, who are high achievers in these fields and are dedicated to advancing their communities and society.
- CU SEDS (Students for the Exploration & Development of Space) - Advising students on opportunities in space-related careers and education and providing aerospace-related recreational activities.
- CU SGT (Sigma Gamma Tau) - Aerospace Honors Society recognizeing high-achieving students in aerospace engineering.
- CU SHPE (Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers) - The largest Hispanic and Hispanic-supporting community on campus, striving to empower students to realize their fullest potential and to impact the world through STEM
- CU Sounding Rocket Laboratory - A premier amateur rocketry group in the state of Colorado. Providing an environment where students work collaboratively, develop technical and leadership skills, and practical engineering experience.
- CU SWE (Society of Women Engineers) - Focused on building an inclusive community of strong female engineers and other minorities.
- CU Technology for Extreme Environments - Exploring and designing assistive technologies for the extreme environments of spaceflight. Our main focus is the NASA SUITS Design Challenge.
- CU WOAA (Women of Aeronautics and Astronautics) - Creating a community for women, non-binary students, and allies interested in space exploration and making space more accessible to everyone.
- oSTEM (Out in Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math) - Providing networking opportunities, professional development, social events, and a safe space for LGBTQ+ STEM students.
- SASE (Society of Asian Scientists & Engineers) - Dedicated to the advancement of Asian heritage and other diverse background scientists and engineers in education and employment so that they can achieve their full career potential.
- STEM Routes - Creating an inclusive, supportive community for students in STEM and improving access to research opportunities, internships, and graduate-level education. We are a student chapter of the Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS).
On Campus Opportunities (Research, Campus Jobs, etc.)
- Smead Aerospace Student Teaching Facilitator (TF) (Open to undergrad and graduate students)
- Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP)
- CU Boulder Aerospace Research Centers
- CU Engineering Service Learning
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP)
- Colorado Space Grant Consortium
- Student Employment
- CU Boulder Research Institutes
- CU Boulder Research Centers
Co-Op (Cooperative Education) Opportunities
Internships and Job Search Resources
- ProReady - CU Engineering career planning, job search, and networking resources
- Career Services Internship & Job Search Resources
- Company Directory - Colorado Space Coalition (list of over 300 Aerospace Companies and Suppliers in Colorado)
- MANTA (list of over 4000 Aerospace Company Profiles in the US)
- National Space Symposium - select Exhibit Center, then View Exhibitor Map.
- AIAA Industry Guide
- Aerospace Industry Jobs
- Aerospace Industry News - Learn about what is going on in the Aerospace industry. If a company just won a contract, chances are they will be hiring.
- International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading (ISTAT) Foundation Internship Program
National Research Opportunities & Internships
- Applied Physics Laboratory at The Johns Hopkins University (APL)
- Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
- Space Scholars Program @ Air Force Research Laboratory (ARFL)
- MIT Lincoln Laboratory Summer Research Program
- NASA Lunar and Planetary Institute (LPI) Summer Intern Program
- National Space Biomedical Research Institute Summer Internship Program (NSBRI)
- ACCESS (Achieving Competence in Computing, Engineering, and Space Science) Summer Internship