CU Boulder has a rich culture for cultivating undergraduates as emerging scholars, artists and practicing researchers. UROP provides consultation services, informational workshops, and grants to promote undergraduate research as a high-impact learning practice for student success. Each year UROP funds hundreds of students who produce new knowledge and creative work in partnership with CU's world-class faculty.
- Assistantships ($1,000 - $2,000) allow students to assist a mentor on a project and do not require an original proposal.
- Individual Grants ($1,500 - $3,000) allow students to take ownership of part or all of a project with an original proposal.
- Team Grants ($3,000) for faculty-led research, scholarly or creative projects involving 2 or more undergraduates.
- Department/Program Grants ($4,000) for programming to cultivate departmental and program cultures of student inquiry and greater participation in UROP.
- Publications Grants ($3,000) for institutional publications serving as venues for undergraduate research, scholarly and creative projects.
In a UROP project, you:
- Explore academic interests beyond the classroom
- Get hands-on experience with research or creative production
- Develop student-faculty relationships for professional references
- Acquire academic and professional skills and credentials
- Demonstrate successful grant-writing skills
- Refine your academic and career goals
"Research is formalized curiosity. It is poking and prying with a purpose."
- Zora Neale Hurston