A Community for Improving Research Access
STEM Routes is a graduate student-led organization that works to create an inclusive, supportive community for students in STEM. Our mission is to help students find a sense of belonging and identity in their STEM fields and help improve access to research opportunities, internships, and graduate-level education. We are the CU Boulder chapter of the Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS).
- Meet weekly to plan upcoming social events, programs, and workshops to build community and help make research more accessible
- Serve as a mentor for undergraduate students in your field
- Build collaborative relationships with other graduate students in CU and help build a vibrant, supportive STEM community
- Participate in fully-funded research opportunities (like the Uplift Undergraduate Research Training Program)
- Learn all the unspoken rules of how to prepare for a career in STEM from current CU graduate students
- Find your identity and a sense of belonging in your science through the STEM Routes community