CHIMERA will design autonomous deployment, landing, charging, and securement systems that will allow for interfacing between an unmanned aerial system (UAS) and a ground-based mother rover.The team will also develop a communications relay to transfer data from the UAS and the mother rover to a ground station. This system will be tested using heritage hardware from past JPL senior design teams.
- Project Sponsor: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Customer: Barbara Streiffert
- Project Advisors: Jelliffe Jackson
- Project Manager: Alexander Walker
- Team Members: Adam St. Amand, Christopher Chamberlain, Griffin Esposito, Shannon Floyd, Justice Mack, Azalee Rafii, Christopher Rouw, Mitchell Smith, Amanda Turk, Alexander Walker