Mechanical Engineering Graduate Program Handbook
This is your go-to resource for all things related to your graduate studies at CU Boulder's Paul M. Rady Department of Mechanical Engineering. Learn about the PhD program, the MS programs, curriculum, admissions, tuition, fees, funding, and more. 

Graduate School Academic Forms
If you need a form that is not available here, visit the graduate school forms website. MS and PhD review forms and applications are available there along with registration documents and step-by-step guides to what you need to submit for graduation.

Graduate School Rules
These are general rules for all graduate programs at CU Boulder. Be sure to ask you advisor if you have specific questions. 

Graduate Committee Petition
If you would like to take a course that is not listed on your specific track, you must petition the Graduate Committee prior to taking the course. All petitions (course requests, course waivers, etc.) go to the Graduate Committee for discussion and final approval.​

Independent Study Form
If you would like to take an independent study course, you must complete this form and submit it to the graduate advisor along with an individual syllabus for your proposal.

MCEN Course Request Form
If you're an active CU Boulder student outside of the Mechanical Engineering department and you'd like to enroll in an MCEN course, please submit this online form to indicate your course request.