The Fluids, Structures and Materials (FSM) Focus Area is divided into two tracks: (1) Fluids, and (2) Structures and Materials.
For the FSM Focus Area only, the general MS requirement to take a core course outside of the focus area is waived, and instead students are required to take a core course from the second FSM track.
Structures & Materials
Requirements of the MS degree in the Fluids, Structures and Materials (FSM) Focus Area are:
Requirements of the PhD degree in the Fluids, Structures and Materials (FSM) Focus Area are:
Fluids Core Courses:
- ASEN 5051 Intro to Fluid Mechanics (fall offering) (Note: changing to “Incompressible Flow”)
- ASEN 5151 High Speed Aerodynamics (spring offering) (Note: changing to “Compressible Flow”)
- ASEN 6037 Turbulent Flow (spring offering)
Structures and Materials Core Courses:
- ASEN 5012 Mechanics of Aerospace Structures (fall offering)
- ASEN 5022 Introduction into Dynamics of Aerospace Structures (spring offering)
- ASEN 5007 Introduction into Finite Elements (fall offering)