Structural Engineering & Structural Mechanics • Materials Science & Engineering
Office: ECOT 540
- Ph.D. in Structural Engineering, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL. (1991).
- M.S. in Structural Engineering, Central Research Institute of Building and Construction, Beijing (1985).
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Beijing Institute of Civil Engineering and Architecture (1982).
Honors and Distinctions:
- Eckel Award 2018, Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, University of Colorado Boulder
- Recipient of 2010 Faculty Fellowship, University of Colorado Boulder
- Research Development Award 2004, Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, University of Colorado Boulder
- Young Researcher’s Award for Academic Year 1998-1999, Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, University of Colorado Boulder.
- Theoretical analysis and experimental study on long term durability of reinforced concrete structures.
- Monitoring and simulation of long-term performance of reinforced concrete and steel structures.
- Evaluation of performance of materials and structures under high temperatures.
- Development of sustainable construction materials (recycling of fly ash, waste glass, and waste tires).