Scholar in Residence
Water Engineering and Management
Office: ECOT 541
- Doctor of Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Environmental Health Engineering, May 1992; University of Kansas
- Master of Science, Civil Engineering, December 1981, University of Colorado at Boulder
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, May 1972, University of Colorado at Boulder
Honors and Distinction:
- Life Member, American Water Works Association (2011)
- Dedicated Board Service Award, Water for People (2010)
- Emerson Distinguished Service Medal – Water Environment Profession, Water Environment Federation, (2009)
- Continuous Support Service Award, College of Engineering, Architecture and Computer Sciences, Howard University, (2003)
- Honorary Member Award, Water Environmental Federation, (2003)
- Kappe Lecturer, American Academy of Environmental Engineers, (1998)
- Stockholm Water Prize, Nominating Committee, (1997–2002)
- Water Environment Research Foundation Board (1994-1996, 2000-2006)
- N.T. Veatch Mark of Excellence Award- Black & Veatch (1998)
- Samuel Arnold Greeley Award, American Society of Civil Engineers (1992)
- Arthur Sidney Bedell Award- Rocky Mountain Water Pollution Control Association (1988)
- Department of Army Commendation Medal, (1975)
- Milo S. Ketchum Award, Civil Engineering Department, University of Colorado, Bolder (1972)
- Distinguished Military Graduate Award, Society of Military Engineers, University of Colorado (1972)
- Water Environment Federation – current
- WEF, past president
- American Water Works Association – current
- American Academy of Environmental Engineers – current
- AAEE Board (2006-2012)
- Directing the CU Water Engineering and Management Program, focusing on the water profession skills and tools for young professionals, focusing on leadership, communication, utility financials and management.
- Teaching an important segment of the graduate wastewater treatment class, focusing on the renewable and sustainability technologies for biosolids.
- Principal investigator for WERF biosolid research projects.
- Thirty four years managing, leading and directing water and wastewater global projects for Black and Veatch, specializing in biosolids.