Assistant Teaching Professor
Building Systems Engineering
Office: ECOT 417
- PhD in Architectural Engineering, University of Colorado Boulder (2021)
- BS in Architectural Engineering, University of Colorado Boulder (2016)
- MS in Architectural Engineering, University of Colorado Boulder (2017)
- ASCE Structural Engineering Institute (SEI)
- ASCE Architectural Engineering Institute (AEI)
- Life cycle assessment of buildings
- Embodied carbon measurement and reduction
- Industrial ecology
- Building stock analysis
- Engineering education and service learning
- Arehart, Jay H., Hart, J., Pomponi, F., D’Amico, B., 2021. Carbon sequestration and storage in the built environment. Sustainable Production and Consumption 27, 1047–1063.
- Arehart, Jay H., Nelson, W.S., Srubar, W.V., 2020. On the theoretical carbon storage and carbon sequestration potential of hempcrete. Journal of Cleaner Production 266, 121846.
- Arehart, Jay H., Gingerich, E., Sebastian, W., 2020. Commentary: Educating global engineers through footbridges. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers - Structures and Buildings 173, 392–393.
- Pomponi, F., Hart, J., Arehart, J.H., D’Amico, B., 2020. Buildings as a Global Carbon Sink? A Reality Check on Feasibility Limits. One Earth 3, 157–161.
- Arehart, Jay H., Langenfeld, K.L., Gingerich, E.M., 2020. Reevaluating Traditional International Service-Learning during a Global Pandemic. Advances in Engineering Education 8, 6.