ShanghaiRanking Consultancy’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects has taken notice of the quality of CU Boulder’s programs, ranking environmental science and engineering 26th overall and water resources 15th overall in its 2019 report.
The ShanghaiRanking Consultancy, known as the Academic Ranking of World Universities until 2009, is a fully independent organization on higher education. The rankings are decided using six objective indicators:
- number of alumni and staff winning Nobel Prizes and Fields Medals
- number of highly cited researchers selected by Clarivate Analytics
- number of articles published in journals of Nature and Science
- number of articles indexed in Science Citation Index - Expanded and Social Sciences Citation Index
- per capita performance of the universities.