Submitting a Petition
CSEN MS/MSCPS and PhD students
Before submitting your supporting documents, please merge all your documents into one PDF and upload as your supporting documents. If you upload multiple PDFs, we are not able to access it. Thank you!
Computer science graduate students should fill this out to request the following.
- Request for over ride of CSEN course prerequisites, if you have completed similar courses elsewhere
- Request enrollment to controlled enrollment sections like the MS thesis, PhD Dissertation hours and independent study research hours
- Petition to enroll in non-CS courses
- Submit a PhD breadth course transfer
- Submit a PhD customized breadth plan (for PhDs)
- Petition for transfer of credits
- Request for readmit
Non-CS graduate students, non-degree students and non-CS undergraduate students should use this to:
- Request enrollment in CS graduate courses with course prereqs.
- If you are a non-CS student, please wait to submit this petition until two weeks before semester begins as our courses are reserved for our students up until then.
TCP and Network Engineering Students
This form is for Technology, Cybersecurity, and Policy (TCP) and Network Engineering (NE) Graduate students to:
- Petition for exceptions
- Request enrollment to controlled enrollment sections like the thesis and independent study hours
- Petition to enroll in non-TCP courses or non-NE courses
- Transfer of credits
This form is for non-TCP graduate students, non-NE graduate students and TCP and NE undergraduate students to:
- Request enrollment in TCP or NE graduate courses (this includes students in the TCP Certificate Program)
General Graduate Forms
- Candidacy Application for an Advanced Degree: This form is used to apply for the granting of an advanced degree.
- Request for Transfer of Credit: Request a transfer of credit from another institution.
- CSEN Independent Study Guidelines: Learn about requirements and procedures for independent study.
- CSEN Independent Study Agreement: You must complete if you wish to take an independent study course.
- CSEN Independent Study Activity Log: For documenting your activities on a bi-weekly basis before meeting with your faculty advisor.
- Graduate School Travel Grants: Grants provide partial funding to present research findings at meetings or conferences outside Colorado.
- Dean's Matching Fund Student Travel Grant Application: Apply for the matching travel funds from the Dean's Office, once you’ve been awarded a travel grant from the department.
- CSEN Incomplete Grade Form: Used when a professor agrees to give you a temporary incomplete grade, detailing what needs to be completed for the course and by when.
- Internship Agreement Form: Used for Computer Science Professional Internship Class - CSCI 6930.
- Internship Report Form: Used for Computer Science Professional Internship Class - CSCI 6930.
Bachelor's-Accelerated Master's Degree Forms
- Computer Science BAM Application Form: You must submit both this form and the Graduate School BAM Intent Form to be considered for either the research or course-based CS BAM options.
- Network Engineering BAM Application Form: You must submit both this form and the Graduate School BAM Intent Form to be considered for the Network Engineering BAM program.
- Technology, Cybersecurity and Policy BAM Application Form: You must submit both this form and the Graduate School BAM Intent Form to be considered for the TCP BAM program.
Computer Science MS Degree Forms
- CSEN MS Plan of Study: Incoming CSEN MS students must develop a plan of study upon entering the program.
- CSEN MSCPS (Professional) Plan of Study: Incoming CSEN MSCPS students with sub-plan must develop a plan of study upon entering the program.
- Master's Examination or Project Report: Used to indicate the committee's evaluation of a master's thesis. Master's thesis must be scheduled with the Graduate School at least two weeks before the exam is held by submitting this form.
- CSEN MS/MSCPS Option/Degree Change Request: Used to switch CSEN MS degree switch and CSEN professional MS subplans, or between thesis and non-thesis programs.
- CSEN MS to PhD Application for Admission: Used to apply for admission into the CSEN PhD program once you've completed your CSEN master's.
Computer Science PhD Degree Forms
- PhD Plan of Study: You must develop a plan of study upon entering the program.
- Area Exam Report: Indicates successful completion of the PhD Area Exam.
- Breadth Course Petition Form: Petition a course to be used towards your breadth requirement. You must petition to use any non-CSCI courses and/or transferred courses from other institutions.
- Cutomized Breadth Plan Petition: Use this form to petition for a customized breadth option.
- Doctoral Examination Report: Used to indicate the committee's evaluation of a Doctoral Examination. Please inform your Grad Advisor on your committee list and exam date once confirmed at at least two weeks before your proposal or final defense. The advisor processes and routes this form for approvals, therefore students need not worry about this form.
- Dissertation Defense Announcement: Used to announce a scheduled Dissertation Defense. Please send information needed for this announcement to your grad advisor at least a week before your defense.
- PhD Checklist: Use this to ensure you are making adequate progress toward your degree.