Submitting a Petition
Please fill out the Graduate Petition Form for the following purposes.
Computer science graduate students should fill this out to:
- Request for over ride of CSEN course prerequisites, if you have completed similar courses elsewhere
- Request enrollment to controlled enrollment sections like the MS thesis, PhD Dissertation hours and independent study research hours
- Petition to enroll in non-CS courses
- Submit a PhD breadth course transfer
- Submit a PhD customized breadth plan (for PhDs)
- Petition for transfer of credits
- Request for readmit
Non-CS graduate students, non-degree students and CS undergraduate students should use this to:
- Request enrollment in CS graduate courses with course prereqs.
General Graduate Forms
- Candidacy Application for an Advanced Degree: This form is used to apply for the granting of an advanced degree.
- Request for Transfer of Credit: Request a transfer of credit from another institution.
- Independent Study Guidelines: Learn about requirements and procedures for independent study.
- Independent Study Agreement: You must complete if you wish to take an independent study course.
- Independent Study Activity Log: For documenting your activities on a bi-weekly basis before meeting with your faculty advisor.
- Graduate School Travel Grants: Grants provide partial funding to present research findings at meetings or conferences outside Colorado.
- Dean's Matching Fund Student Travel Grant Application: Apply for the matching travel funds from the Dean's Office, once you’ve been awarded a travel grant from the department.
- Incomplete Grade Form: Used when a professor agrees to give you a temporary incomplete grade, detailing what needs to be completed for the course and by when.
Bachelor's-Accelerated Master's Degree Forms
- Graduate School BAM Intent Form
- Computer Science BAM Application Form: You must submit both this form and the Graduate School form above to be admitted.
- Certificate of Completion of BS Requirements: Used to certify that you have completed all BS requirements.
- Supplement to the Application for Admission to Candidacy: You must submit this form to be admitted to degree candidacy.
MS Degree Forms
- MS Plan of Study: Incoming MS students must develop a plan of study upon entering the program.
- MS (Professional) Plan of Study: Incoming MSCPS students with sub-plan must develop a plan of study upon entering the program.
- Master's Examination or Project Report: Used to indicate the committee's evaluation of a master's thesis. Master's thesis must be scheduled with the Graduate School at least two weeks before the exam is held by submitting this form.
- MS Option/Degree Change Request: Used to switch professional MS subplans, or between thesis and non-thesis programs.
- MS to PhD Application for Admission: Used to apply for admission into the PhD program once you've completed your master's.
PhD Degree Forms
- PhD Plan of Study: You must develop a plan of study upon entering the program.
- Area Exam Report: Indicates successful completion of the PhD Area Exam.
- Breadth Course Petition Form: Petition a course to be used towards your breadth requirement. You must petition to use any non-CSCI courses and/or transferred courses from other institutions.
- Cutomized Breadth Plan Petition: Use this form to petition for a customized breadth option.
- Doctoral Examination Report: Used to indicate the committee's evaluation of a Doctoral Examination. Please inform your Grad Advisor on your committee list and exam date once confirmed at at least two weeks before your proposal or final defense. The advisor processes and routes this form for approvals, therefore students need not worry about this form.
- Dissertation Defense Announcement: Used to announce a scheduled Dissertation Defense. Please send information needed for this announcement to your grad advisor at least a week before your defense.
- PhD Checklist: Use this to ensure you are making adequate progress toward your degree.