Submitting a Petition
For all graduate students in the Department of Computer Science - (CSEN PhD, TLEN PhD, CSEN MS, CSEN MSCPS, TCP MS and NE MS)
Before submitting your supporting documents, please merge all your documents into one PDF and upload as your supporting documents. If you upload multiple PDFs, we are not able to access it. Thank you!
Computer science graduate students should fill this out to request the following.
- Request for over ride of CSEN course prerequisites, if you have completed similar courses elsewhere
- Request enrollment to controlled enrollment sections like the MS thesis, PhD Dissertation hours and independent study research hours
- Submit a PhD breadth course transfer
- Submit a PhD customized breadth plan (for PhDs)
- Petition for transfer of credits
- Request for readmit
This form is for non-degree-seeking students and non-CS graduate students and non-CS undergraduate students to:
- Request enrollment in CS graduate courses with course prereqs.
Note: If you are a non-CS student, please wait to submit this petition until two weeks before semester begins as our courses are reserved for our students up until then.
Network engineering graduate students should fill this out to request the following:
- Request to waive two or more Fundamentals courses
- Request an Advanced Elective course substitution
- Request to count a non-CS course towards your degree
General Graduate Forms
- Candidacy Application for an Advanced Degree: This form is used to apply for the granting of an advanced degree. Candidacy Application Guide
- Request for Transfer of Credit: Request a transfer of credit from another institution.
- MS students, when submitting this form - add your academic advisor's name and email under Faculty Advisor section and add "Grad Director" for Name of Grad Director and add email@example.com as the email to complete the form.
- PhD students, when submitting this form - add your faculty advisor's name and email under Faculty Advisor section and add "Grad Director" for Name of Grad Director and add firstname.lastname@example.org as the email to complete the form.
- Graduate School Request for Extension of Time Limit - Request for time extension. Master’s student time limit: 4 years from the semester of admission and Doctoral student time limit: 6 years from the semester of admission. When submitting the form, for Graduate Director name add Grad Director and for email please use email@example.com to complete the form.
- CSEN Independent Study Guidelines: Learn about requirements and procedures for independent study.
- CSEN Independent Study Agreement: You must complete if you wish to take an independent study course.
- CSEN Independent Study Activity Log: For documenting your activities on a bi-weekly basis before meeting with your faculty advisor.
- Graduate School Travel Grants: Grants provide partial funding to present research findings at meetings or conferences outside Colorado.
- Dean's Matching Fund Student Travel Grant Application: Apply for the matching travel funds from the Dean's Office, once you’ve been awarded a travel grant from the department.
- CSEN Incomplete Grade Form: Used when a professor agrees to give you a temporary incomplete grade, detailing what needs to be completed for the course and by when.
- Professional Internship Guidelines: Learn more about the Computer Science Professional Internship Class - CSCI 6930.
- Internship Agreement Form: Used for Computer Science Professional Internship Class - CSCI 6930.
- Internship Report Form: Used for Computer Science Professional Internship Class - CSCI 6930.
Bachelor's-Accelerated Master's Degree Forms
Computer Science MS Degree Forms
- CSEN MS Plan of Study: Incoming CSEN MS students must develop a plan of study upon entering the program.
- CSEN MSCPS (Professional) Plan of Study: Incoming CSEN MSCPS students with sub-plan must develop a plan of study upon entering the program.
- Master's Examination or Project Report: Used to indicate the committee's evaluation of a master's thesis. Master's thesis must be scheduled with the Graduate School at least two weeks before the exam is held by submitting this form.
- CSEN MS/MSCPS Option/Degree Change Request: Used to switch CSEN MS degree switch and CSEN professional MS subplans, or between thesis and non-thesis programs.
- CSEN MS to PhD Application for Admission: Used to apply for admission into the CSEN PhD program once you've completed your CSEN master's.
Network Engineering MS Forms
NE Plan of Study: Incoming NE students must develop a plan of study upon entering the program.
MS Degree Change Request: Used to switch from NE degree to CSEN MS and CSEN professional MS degrees.
Computer Science PhD Degree Forms
- PhD Plan of Study: You must develop a plan of study upon entering the program.
- Area Exam Report: Indicates successful completion of the PhD Area Exam.
- Breadth Course Petition Form: Petition a course to be used towards your breadth requirement. You must petition to use any non-CSCI courses and/or transferred courses from other institutions.
- Cutomized Breadth Plan Petition: Use this form to petition for a customized breadth option.
- Doctoral Examination Report: Used to indicate the committee's evaluation of a Doctoral Examination (Proposal Defense and Final Defense). Please inform your Grad Advisor on your committee list and exam date once confirmed at at least two weeks before your proposal or final defense. The advisor processes and routes this form for approvals, therefore students need not worry about this form.
- Dissertation Defense Announcement: Used to announce a scheduled Dissertation Defense. Please send information needed for this announcement to your grad advisor at least a week before your defense.
- PhD Checklist: Use this to ensure you are making adequate progress toward your degree.