Office: IBS 267
Amir Behzadan is a professor in the Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering at the University of Colorado Boulder. He is also a fellow in the Institute of Behavioral Science (IBS), where the Natural Hazards Center is located. Behzadan is the director of the Connected Informatics and Built Environment Research (CIBER) Lab, which aims at investigating grand challenges at the intersection of the society and built/natural environments (including disaster resilience, climate change adaptation, jobsite safety, workplace health and ergonomics) through the design, validation, and dissemination of human-centered, responsible and affordable AI/ML solutions. His research and scholarly activities are supported by federal and state agencies as well as the private sector. He also serves on the editorial board of two academic journals: Construction Engineering and Management (ASCE), and Smart and Sustainable Built Environment (Emerald).
- PhD, Civil Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (2008)
- MS, Construction Engineering and Management, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (2005)
- BS, Civil Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Iran (2003)
Honors and Distinctions
- "Editor's Choice" recognition, SCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 2023
- Top Downloaded Article, Journal of Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, 2022.
- Keynote Speaker, 5th International Workshop on Advances in Resilient and Intelligent Cities (ARIC), 30th ACM International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (SIGSPATIAL), Seattle, WA, 2022.
- Second Place Award, The Inaugural Best Data Award Competition by Data, Sensing, and Analytics (DSA) Committee of the ASCE Computing Division, 2022
- TEDx invited speaker, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, 2022
- Keynote Speaker, Brazilian Symposium on Information and Communication Technology in Construction (SBTIC’21), Uberlândia, Brazil, 2021
- Best Paper Award, 4th International Conference on Civil and Building Engineering Informatics (ICCBEI), Sendai, Japan, 2019
- Best Paper Award Nomination (Finalist), 8th IEEE International Conference on Affective Computing & Intelligent Interaction (ACII), Cambridge, UK, 2019
- Presidential Investment Hire, Office of the Provost, Texas A&M University, 2017
- Highly Cited Research Article, Journal of Advances in Engineering Software, Elsevier Science, 2016
- Keynote Speaker, VI Conference on Information Technology and Communication in Construction (TIC 2013), Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP), Campinas, Brazil, 2013
- FIATECH CETI Award, Celebration of Engineering & Technology Innovation, category of Outstanding Student Researcher in New and Emerging Technology R&D, 2009