Courtesy appointment with the Department of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering.
- BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 2009
- MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 2010
- PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 2014
Honors and Distinctions:
- Best Paper Award, IEEE Power and Energy Conference at Illinois (2017)
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory Employee of the Month (2016)
- Benjamin Garver Lamme/Westinghouse Graduate Fellowship (2010)
- Power Systems
- Smart Grid
- Renewable Energy
- Building-to-Grid Optimization
- Stochastic and Distributed Optimization
- X. Jin, K. Baker, D. Christensen, and S. Isley, "foresee™ : A User-Centric Home Energy Management System for Energy Eciency and Demand Response," Applied Energy (to appear), 2017.
- K. Baker, A. Bernstein, E. Dall'Anese, and C. Zhao, "Network-Cognizant Voltage Droop Control for Distribution Grids," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems (to appear), 2017.
- E. Dall'Anese, K. Baker, and T.H. Summers, "Chance-Constrained AC Optimal Power Flow for Distribution Systems with Renewables," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 32, No. 5, pp 3427-3438, Sep 2017.
- K. Baker and B. Toomey, "Efficient Relaxations for Joint Chance Constrained AC OPF," Electric Power Systems Research, 148 (2017), pp. 230-236.
- K. Baker, G. Hug, and X. Li, "Energy Storage Sizing Taking into Account Wind Forecast Uncertainties," IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 331-340, Jan 2017.