Courtesy appointment with the Department of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering.
- BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 2009
- MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 2010
- PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 2014
Honors and Distinctions:
- Best Paper Award Honorable Mention, International Workshop on NILM, 2018
- 2nd Place, NASA BIG Idea Challenge (Faculty advisor), 2018
- Best Paper Award, IEEE Power and Energy Conference at Illinois (2017)
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory Employee of the Month (2016)
- Benjamin Garver Lamme/Westinghouse Graduate Fellowship (2010)
- Power Systems
- Smart Grid
- Renewable Energy
- Building-to-Grid Optimization
- Stochastic and Distributed Optimization
- K. Baker and A. Bernstein, "Joint Chance Constraints Reductions through Learning in Active Distribution Networks," IEEE Global Conference on Signal and Information Processing (GlobalSIP) (Invited Paper), Anaheim, CA, 2018.
- K. Garifi, K. Baker, B. Touri, and D. Christensen, "Stochastic Model Predictive Control for Demand Response in a Home Energy Management System," IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting, Portland, OR, 2018.
- K. Baker and K. Garifi, "Power Signature Obfuscation using Flexible Building Loads," 4th International Workshop on Non-Intrusive Load Monitoring, [Best Paper Award Honorable Mention], Austin, TX, 2018.
- N. Glascock, B. Huber, C. Cantrall, W. Evonosky, E. Robinson, B. Dharmadasa, and K. Baker, "MAFSA: Mars Autonomous and Foldable Solar Array," New Space, to appear, 2018.
- K. Baker, A. Bernstein, E. Dall'Anese, and C. Zhao, "Network-Cognizant Voltage Droop Control for Distribution Grids," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp 2098-2108, Mar 2018.
- X. Jin, K. Baker, D. Christensen, and S. Isley, "ForeseeTM: A User-Centric Home Energy Management System for Energy Eciency and Demand Response," Applied Energy, Vol. 205, pp 1583-1595, Nov 2017.
- E. Dall'Anese, K. Baker, and T.H. Summers, "Chance-Constrained AC Optimal Power Flow for Distribution Systems with Renewables," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 32, No. 5, pp 3427-3438, Sep 2017.
- K. Baker and B. Toomey, "Efficient Relaxations for Joint Chance Constrained AC OPF," Electric Power Systems Research, 148 (2017), pp. 230-236.
- K. Baker, G. Hug, and X. Li, "Energy Storage Sizing Taking into Account Wind Forecast Uncertainties," IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 331-340, Jan 2017.
- K. Baker, G. Hug, and X. Li, "Distributed MPC for Ecient Coordination of Storage and Renewable Energy Sources across Control Areas," IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Special Issue on Distributed Energy Management Systems, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 992-1001, Mar. 2016.