The Office of Contracts and Grants (OCG) Proposal Development Team has updated the Cost Estimation Tool effective January 12, 2023. Updates to this tool include:
- Updated Fringe Rates per the rate agreement 12/15/2022
- Period of Performances after 7/1/2023 will inflate fringe benefit rates starting in year 1
- Added option to not inflate fringe if submitting to NASA or DOE (sponsors who disallow this estimation)
- Travel rates for mileage updated to 2023 rates and base rate for ground transportation updated to $40/day per prior travel costs
- Travel and associated Conference Registration costs (estimated under Other Direct Costs) can be inflated or not with a single selection
If you have questions about how to use the Cost Estimation Tool or any of the changes made, contact your department's proposal analyst.