Our Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science from the College of Arts and Sciences (A&S) is intended for students who are interested in computer science, but who don’t identify as engineers.
- 45 hours of computer science classes (23 foundation, 12-15 approved core and 7-10 CS electives)
- 14-16 credit hours of classes in mathematics (8-10 of calculus, 3 discrete math, plus 3 in either linear algebra or probability/statistics) which are not included in 45 hours above
- Courses for a required Additional Area Area of Study: any declarable program of at least 15 hours from any CU Boulder College (major, minor, certificate)
- Approximately 47 hours of A&S General Education (4-5 quantitative reasoning, 6 written communication (3 are upper division), 12 each in Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, and Natural Sciences (with lab). Will include a course in Logic and a course in Ethics required for the CSCI-BA major
- Approximately 17 hours of free electives
Please see the Degree Requirements for a more detailed breakdown and overlap with A&S General Education.