Research-based MS students may transfer to the PhD program at any time during their academic career at CU Boulder. However, you must fulfill the following requirements and submit the following documents.
- Be a research-based MS student. Course-based MS students interested in this option should petition and receive prior approval by the Graduate Committee before applying.
- Must have completed at least one year within our CSEN-MS program and have a GPA of at least 3.5 in the program.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 in both undergrad and MS degree.
- Strong letter of support including funding plan from a CS faculty member.
Please submit the following to the Graduate Advisor via email at Rajshree.Shrestha@colorado.edu.
- Application form
- Letter of support that includes a funding plan, from a sponsoring CS faculty member
- Copy of transcripts for undergraduate degree and MS degree
- Statement of purpose
- Resume with research and publication details
- Two more letters of recommendation
The Graduate Committee will review the application and make its decision on a case-by-case basis.